A look at the Moon/Sun relation of AB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Maybe this isn't the forum for this BUT I think everyone might enjoy this new insight.

My friend Velvetdress and I have been discussing this moon/sun obsession of Achtung Baby, a conversation almost iniated by the Lady w/ the Spinning Head thread a week ago.

It's too long to post here- unless you want me to so you can read it easier, but for now you can access it HERE

Let us know what you think- we appreciate any comments. Maybe we're way off base!! Or maybe we gave you some new insights too. Also, we've added in excerts from Niall Stokes book, but it should be said that our insights into the songs/albums was done before we read what Niall had to say.

oh and please ignore the typos, spelling errors. lol, we got kind of excited writing it all and haven't had time to present it more 'professionally'
tongue.gif

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

My college yearbook: "Weirdest roomate habit observed?"
"Unusual attachment to the band U2."

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--All New!

lol @ cass "college student w/ unusual attachment" - yep thats me!

If you want me to I can post that here. We're going to fix the spellings and stuff so when it's done I'd be more than happy to put it here so you can read the whole thing. The more you get into the thick of Bono's lyrics the more scary/ intruiging it all is!!

------------------
Take me to that twilight land

That's pretty fucking brilliant. I'd like to delve into this a bit more and explore each album song by song. I also think that ATYCLB is a continuation on this whole story (for lack of a better word).

What gets me, though, is that a lot of these songs have multiple meanings and can be interpreted in many different ways.

Bono is a genius.

As usual, I don't have net time to check the link...bummer.But I would like to say I think

"...brother take a walk with your sister the moon.
let her pale light in to light up your room.
You've been living underground
Eating from a can
Running away from what you don't understand.."
is a brilliant lyric. Beautifully savage, sad but true, the usual U2 thang. I love it!!Relevance? well the moon gets mentioned
smile.gif

Cheers 2u olive the " college student with unusual attachment to the band U2"LMAO...... "attachment"? the mind boggles.

Originally posted by Not George Lucas:

What gets me, though, is that a lot of these songs have multiple meanings and can be interpreted in many different ways.

Bono is a genius.

yeah we didn't even TOUCH upon the religious aspects of all those songs, which would deserve an equally long analysis. Then there's the side of it of U2 having completely changed their appearance- the stimulus of ZooTv and The Fly. And I'm sure substituting rock-n-roll for the moon would bring about many more insights. He really is a genius.

------------------
Take me to that twilight land

That's pretty good. A couple additions. Icaris (wrong spelling) made wings of wax, and he flew too close to the sun, so they melted ("The sun won't melt out wings tonight."

Mysterious Ways- There is an Oscar Wilde short story called Salome (hence Salome) about John The Baptist's beheading, and Salome, Herod's daughter is repeatedly referred to as the moon. Johnny take a walk with your sister the moon. Some people think this song is about that.

Back
Top Bottom