A Little More U2 Trivia 4U..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2junkie

The Fly
:hmm:
What was the first U2 song played on American Radio?

'......and, if you really want to test your
knowlegde, in what city, on what station, by what DJ...(This should give you a hint)

I think it was "Another Time, Another Place" played by Carter Alan in Boston. Or was it Twilight? Maybe one of those guesses is right.

Ft. Worth Frog said:
I think it was "Another Time, Another Place" played by Carter Alan in Boston. Or was it Twilight? Maybe one of those guesses is right.

You're VERY Close.............. Played by Carter Alan in Boston is right...but not the song.

Last edited:
A day without me

A day without me, one of the first songs I ever heard as well.

Hearing out of Control at Slane is weird...I know the lyrics are changed some and it's a little different than the original, but all U2 songs seem take on a new life when played live. Here was U2, 20 years later, playing their first single - and it was one of the highlights of the show. Their music is timeless.

I wish they would pull out more of the early songs and play them live - incredible energy, always appreciated by the crowds, and they serve as great reminders of U2's long and storied past. I guess I'm not a purist who believes songs must be left in their original form - I LIKE the way U2 songs grow and change when they are played live...they mostly come off better, and in some small way, give us new music while reminding us of the old.

Examples...

The Fly during Elevation Tour
Out of Control during Elevation Tour
Bad - Joshua Tree Tour, Elevation Tour
Streets - Zoo TV, PopMart, Elevation
WOWY - always changing
One/POE-Walk On - Many versions, Tribute to Heroes
Please - pick any live version
Stuck Acoustic
Desire Acoustic
Bullet the Blue in Mexico PopMart - my personal favorite version

The list goes on and on. Anyway, did I get your question? Sorry for such a long answer...

Back
Top Bottom