A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please. All this bitching about song titles.

With it Without You is a terrible song title. So is Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Pride, MLK blah blah. Until you hear the songs, the titles will have no meaning. If these are real, wait until you hear the fucking songs before bagging them out.

Romi won a free copy of this for his hard work

U2-Duals-329x329.jpg

Awww, c'mon Gabriel, you can't just quote that without the immediate preceding sentence that says I would have done the same thing our friend did.

I actually like the tracklisting, I wouldn't mind if the album was called Manhattan or if those were the songs. EBW I think needs to be released in all it's electro-rock glory. If it is on the album, I'm sure it will have changed exponentially since 2010, as far as lyrics and maybe even structure.

I feel that North Star should just be an itunes bonus track (the modern day replacement of b-sides), at best.

Also, I hope it has 12 songs. That, to me, is the perfect album length.

so we went from fighting over rumours to fighting over convfirmed rumours to fighting over "sources" to fighting over fake traklists

I love Interference:heart:

Ahhh. I must be out of it today. Can't wait for the clock to strike 5 so I can go home and sleep.

"Atlas Shrugged: The Rock Opera"

It will be 100 CDs long, and numbers 85 though 90 will be a long monologue where Bono talks about how much he deserves his money.

I like how just a little bit of fan-conjecture can get everyone all fired-up. This tracklist, even in the slight chance it is real, can easily be debunked as purely dreamed up by someone's (only mildly) creative imagination.

"Manhattan"...hmm...The Manhattan project was highly classified. So has the making of the album been (on obviously not as large a scale). "Skyline" - Hmm...That doesn't reference the cover and title of their list album, does it? "Every Breaking Wave" and "North Star" - We know these. Easy guesses. "Morleigh's Song" - Hmm...I just want to hear the Edge singing a song. So, let's just pick something that sounds like it could be very deep and heartfelt for him. "You" - really? Naming a song after what is quite possibly the most common word in songwriting history? I guess, if you dose it with a lot of irony. If "Earth 2030" refers to Bono's TED talk, we could end up with another cheery, kinda bland, kinda corny song of hope and triumph of the human spirit like I've really been hoping U2 get away from. I really don't need to hear the next in the "Crumbs..." series. "Fresh and Furious" refers to U2's constant struggle with reinvention.

So, all that being said, I suppose I could believe in the titles "World Press II", "Everybody Knows Who I Like" (critics will say it's Bono singing about himself, no doubt, if this is a real song), "Black Pictures" and "Nobody Island".

Alright, my useless rant is over.

Let's say that North Star is on the album. To those who are slamming the song, could you please send me a link to the version that's on the new album?
Do I really need to say "unless it's an entirely different song that just happens to have the same title"? I guess I overestimated the intelligence of this forum.

Don't forget the people who is fighting about fighting!

Hey now, I'll fight anyone to fight their fighting. All the fighters should stop their damn fighting and fight already, those fighters! (I don't know what the hell any of that just meant, but it was fun)

I heard a rumor that U2 have essentially been working for over a year on one track with Steve Lillywhite, titled "Soaring Through the Crumbs of Your Love Table." I'm curious to know what a "love table" is :wink:

What if the setlist is "real", but the titles are working titles? We know that U2 changes (ok, Bono does it) song names (not to mention lyrics) all the time, 'till last second.

Well, at least things are heating up, yey!

Oh, and my favorite new track is "Birthday Kaleidoscope" but they will probably save it for the next album as usual. Cheese lyrics but a nice slow song. ;)

"Ba ba ba ba Happy Birthyday to you, ba ba ba ba Happy Birthday to you.......... oh yeah, oh baby you look great in the sunlight. Oh baby, oh my, you are my life......."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom