A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've certainly had some fun reading this thread from beginning to end. Here's what I can add. I'm FB friends with the person you guys are talking about. He posted on FB last night NOT that he was at a listening party, but that Bono was playing the record for him one-on-one, as in, personal and private. This is a person Bono knows by face, if not by name. He's been on stage numerous times because Bono can spot him easily (he's got unique features that not many people at the front rail do not have). It would not surprise me at all for him to invte him for some personal time.

My personal thoughts on why he won't share more details: He values all the connections that he has and wants to make sure he doesn't jeopardize something like this not happening in the future. I would do the same thing; even though I'd want to share with all my friends, I'd care more about Bono inviting me for some personal time in the future. I wouldn't do anything to ruin that.

This doesn't mean that the second source is incorrect. If he doesn't care about irking U2 by spreading some info about a track listing, there are obviosly bonus points to be had in the U2 fan community to share it and be a hero.

I like all the rumors, there is ually some truth behind them. I don't have any doubts the band are letting friends/ contemporaries listen to the album. The tracks may have simple working titles at this point but it does appear though that the album is imminent. I look forward to a new album, I think the band want to release something special even for them, not just us fans. It will be definitely one of the most anticipated albums and U2 back on tour is always a good thing.

I for one am completely OK with Every Breaking Wave potentially making the final cut. It was the only worthwhile new song played on 360 and sounds like something Danger Mouse could work magic with.

Meh. Edge has a good voice, but Bono's is much better in my opinion, especially as a lead singer.

Edge's voice isn't trained enough, it's nice, but I agree, I'm not too excited about the thought of him on lead either. However, if the song really fits his voice, I'm fine with it. And I guess it's a good sign U2 are shaking up things on the album. We've seen Adam play keyboards on the SBS performances and Dallas play guitar on This is. Maybe we're really in for some surprises.

As far as the set list is concerned, I'm not convinced. Some of these titles sound made up for me, and I still hope for more than 11 songs.

But I'd love to have EBW on the album, I've always loved the song. I hope it's true.

I've certainly had some fun reading this thread from beginning to end. Here's what I can add. I'm FB friends with the person you guys are talking about. He posted on FB last night NOT that he was at a listening party, but that Bono was playing the record for him one-on-one, as in, personal and private. This is a person Bono knows by face, if not by name. He's been on stage numerous times because Bono can spot him easily (he's got unique features that not many people at the front rail do not have). It would not surprise me at all for him to invte him for some personal time.

My personal thoughts on why he won't share more details: He values all the connections that he has and wants to make sure he doesn't jeopardize something like this not happening in the future. I would do the same thing; even though I'd want to share with all my friends, I'd care more about Bono inviting me for some personal time in the future. I wouldn't do anything to ruin that.

This doesn't mean that the second source is incorrect. If he doesn't care about irking U2 by spreading some info about a track listing, there are obviosly bonus points to be had in the U2 fan community to share it and be a hero.

I'm sure I know who you are talking about. I don't know him personally, but have seen him at a few shows.

Also, I'm now incredibly jealous.

moncton_crowd_1_640.jpg

People who know and respect this source refuse to name him, so we post his photo? That makes me feel a little icky...

Agreed with Last Unicorn on the Edge vocals. No one thinks he's a better singer, but it's really fun to see them shake it up, and it's also fun to see Mr Mystery get a little spotlight.

If it's who I think it is, I'm kind of wondering why Romi practically singled him out with that description.

ETA: And I'm really not sure why people are trying to guess who it is. Just enjoy the stream of info?

If it's who I think it is, I'm kind of wondering why Romi practically singled him out with that description.

ETA: And I'm really not sure why people are trying to guess who it is. Just enjoy the stream of info?

We're just playing, not big deal.
Just a way to validate the information. :sexywink:

This thread was started yesterday and it already has 14 pages, so did something exciting happen? I haven't been keeping up.

A fan heard the album, and a probably bogus album title/track listing was leaked. Nothing to get worked up over, but it's happening anyway.

A fan heard the album, and a probably bogus album title/track listing was leaked. Nothing to get worked up over, but it's happening anyway.

I've been looking back and saw the alleged track listing.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Those had better be working titles. Or, better yet, completely fake.

This thread was started yesterday and it already has 14 pages, so did something exciting happen? I haven't been keeping up.

Yes, the new album is going to be called 'The Manhattan Project' (project 051 + Manhattan = ) and there are 11 songs, half of which have weird names, the other half are drug influences with reggae beats. Oh, and Chris martin is still a dork in 2030.

People who know and respect this source refuse to name him, so we post his photo? That makes me feel a little icky...

This.

Well, it's a public pic from U2.com, it's not a photograph from his family's album.
I don't understand which is the problem.

The point was that the person did not want to be identified... regardless of where whatever photos came from or not. Apparently some people (i.e. you) can't simply respect that one request.

The point was that the person did not want to be identified... regardless of where whatever photos came from or not. Apparently some people (i.e. you) can't simply respect that one request.

That was never mentioned, the only thing we knew is that he didn't want to share more information than the new music "sounds awesome".
You are making a big story from nothing.

Yes, the new album is going to be called 'The Manhattan Project' (project 051 + Manhattan = ) and there are 11 songs, half of which have weird names, the other half are drug influences with reggae beats. Oh, and Chris martin is still a dork in 2030.

Here I was thinking it would be "10 Reasons For Manhattan To Exist". :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom