A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that one time George Clooney's Oscar acceptance speech was so full of smug it cause global warming, or something like that.

That's okay just make him sell his house in Lake Como and buy some trees to absorb the CO2.

You would think a hoaxer would come up with actual song titles we know:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/more-new-song-titles-emerge-208848-5.html#post7066436

Unveiling his enthusiasm for No Line on the Horizon, which they were working on at the time Lanois was scripting this book, he mentions loving the title track and also expressing excitement for a song called "Welcome." Either "Welcome" didn't make the NLOTH cut, or it morphed into something different and earned a new name. Color me curious, because the way Lanois describes it, with multiple harmonies and two separate Larry drumbeats, it doesn't sound like anything already out there. He says, "This is the type of rock song I want to listen to."

For those of you ridiculing these song names, do remember that U2 published a song named "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight".

Bono's favorite song:
04 - Everybody Knows Who I Like.

President%20George%20Bush.jpg

I nearly ripped my fan card up when I heard that U2 had made a song called "Sexy Boots".

I actually rather like the song, though.

I'm with you on both. I really like Boots -- primarily live. Studio version lacks a bit to me, but I think it was very good in person.

I'm with you on both. I really like Boots -- primarily live. Studio version lacks a bit to me, but I think it was very good in person.

I actually like the studio version a lot. I think that Eno and Lanois did a really good production job on it (it's the only of the middle three produced by them without Lillywhite).

I actually like the studio version a lot. I think that Eno and Lanois did a really good production job on it (it's the only of the middle three produced by them without Lillywhite).

I agree all of with this. While I don't think Boots is a U2 classic by any means, I kinda like it and don't think it's bad at all. And I think the song "sounds" great from a production standpoint. It's unfairly taken the blame for that record's relatively lacklustre (by U2 standards) performance.

I like it too, but like most U2 songs, prefer the live version.

Anyway. I'm visiting a friend in New York this weekend and he lives near Electric Lady Studio. I'll probably swing by on Sunday, but not going to go crazy and camp out in hopes I can receive some vague answer from anybody. But maybe I'll get lucky.

Anyway. I'm visiting a friend in New York this weekend and he lives near Electric Lady Studio. I'll probably swing by on Sunday, but not going to go crazy and camp out in hopes I can receive some vague answer from anybody. But maybe I'll get lucky.

I, for one, will be the very first to question your credibility about anything you hear! :wink:

OK, here's what you do. Go to Electric Lady Studios at 3:33, and knock on the door to the beat of the drum part at the beginning of Red Hill Mining Town. Wait 40 seconds, and repeat. Trust me on this.

Oh, if it's hot bring a hair dryer and wear something black.

Someone some of us know is with Bono listening to the album RIGHT NOW

I'm not joking

Further tidbits (different source):

Track listing was in fact set last night.

Earth 2030 is an actual song. Most likely a b-side or bonus

This is being relayed to me by a very trusted friend who is hearing it from a friend who works at Electric Lady

Edit: I cannot vouch for the track listing but it matches what was published earlier tonite. Take that for what you will

Yeah, do a little swing-a-ding but don't waste too much time on that shit, son, you're in NYC...do some NYC shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom