A-Hole.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.irishecho.com
September 4, 2002
From The Irish Echo:

Good heavens, we deserve a better 'Best'
By Eileen Murphy

" The 10 years between 1990 and 2000 were not particularly productive ones for U2. Sure, they released one brilliant album -- 1991's
"Achtung Baby" and one pretty good album -- 1993's "Zooropa." But the last decade of the 20th century also saw them hit the rocks
with the dismal "Pop" and the arty, ambient meanderings on "Passengers." Their comeback album, "All That You Can't Leave Behind,"
barely makes the cutoff, with its October, 2000 release date, though the CD didn't really get serious radio play until the following year.

When it came time to deliver the second of the three "Best of" albums required in their $50 million record contract, the band needed to
come up with a variety of tracks to reflect the state of their career. The resulting tracklist is a mixed bag, with great numbers rubbing up
against the mediocre. But judge for yourself:

"Even Better Than the Real Thing"
"Mysterious Ways"
"Beautiful Day"
"Electrical Storm" (William Orbit Mix)
"One"
"Miss Sarajevo"
"Stay (Faraway So Close)"
"Stuck in a Moment (You Can't Get Out of)"
"Gone"
"Until The End of the World"
"The Hands That Built America"
"Discotheque"
"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"
"Staring at the Sun"
"Numb"
"The First Time"
"The Fly"

For a limited time, the CD package will include a second disc of B sides and rarities. Rabid fans, who've bought the CD singles over the
years, will be familiar with most of these, but it will be nice to have them all in one place:

"Lady With the Spinning Head" (Extended Dance Mix)
"Dirty Day" (Junk Day Mix)
"Electrical Storm"
"Summer Rain"
"North & South of the River"
"Your Blue Room"
"Happiness is a Warm Gun" (The Gun Mix)
"Salome" (Zooromancer Mix)
"Even Better Than the Real Thing" (Perfecto Mix)
"Numb" (Give Me Some More Dignity Mix)
"Mysterious Ways" (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
"If God Will Send His Angels" (Big Yam Mix)
"Lemon" (Jeep Mix)
"Discotheque" (Hexidecimal Mix)

The album will hit stores on Nov. 4. "

Ok, I agree that this Best Of isn't the greatest, but this just goes too damn far! First off, I don't agree that U2 only released 1 brilliant album over the past 10 years...that's a crock of shit. I think Zooropa, Pop, and ATYCLB were all amazing! Although I liked some more than others, they were all fan-fucking-tastic. I am almost offended at the fact that the author calls Pop "dismal" and the Passengers album "arty, ambient meanderings" and that they "hit the rocks" with those albums...I could rip this author up to shreds right now, but I'm far too tired. Therefore I'm just going to say this to the author: FUCK YOU ASSHOLE! :madspit: :rant:

Oh Mah goodness -

Ah don't understand how She can say that "mediocre" numbers are rubbing up against "great"... :scratch: Ah am gonna bet a few of the poor souls I own that The Best of 1990-2000 will get outstanding reviews.

- z -

U2 Step aside! Make way for the Boy Band Revolution!!

*waves sarcastic hands while speaking*

Ohmy Gosh!! Could it really be that U2 are becoming old washed up has-beens? With all these people talking bad about them, they outta just throw in the towel before they become sell- outs.

*makes fart noise at all of them* :madspit:

Kiss mine, all you A-Hole critics. You wouldn't know good music if it fell from the sky and hit your pewney little heads.

Last edited:
Asshole indeed!

The author doesn't have the intellect level to understand the deep meanings, the grand ambitions, the gutsiness, and the art in POP. Screw her I say!

Cheers,

J
The King Of Pop

Back
Top Bottom