A great day and I paid my respect to U2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen4Prez

Banned
I was in Cork city with some of my friends and I saw these people writing stuff on the streets. I went over with some mates asking what it was about. It was about where should the street space go and freedom of expression,and being the crazy person I am they asked could one of us doing something crazy so all my friends said Darren (me). I went over to the guy playing his guitar and singing and asked Can I sing with the mic. He replied sure, I was so excitied and then I said can my friend play your guitar and he said Yea sure. Myfriend Alex played the guitar, He is one class guitar player. He played Starring at the sun and I did the vocals.. It was spot on, I did a small speech before I started singing. I said I'd like to dedicate this song to every U2 fan. I start singing my friend was perfect on the guitar. Got the chorus right and everything, It was so fucking cool. I finished that song and about 30 people clapped, I felt pretty good even though I can't sing that well but I had the charisma. I said one more song. I asked Alex if he could play Vertigo and to my surprise he said yes.

I said live,live,live,live,live...... Uno dos tres catorce.... He played great again with a few mistakes but the song went on. I left out the ye ye ye ye part by accident and replaced it with give me something I can feel............ at a place called cork. The crowd clapped again. I said Thank you very much. I would have played more but we had to go to the cinema. After I got up the people in charge asked me would I be interested in coming along in July helping them out and singing so I said I'd love to! I gave her my email address and that was it. I loved singing starring at the sun. Next time I will play lots more... The rush I got was so cool.

Last edited:
LOL! i somehow don't think the bootleg will be turning up in the next few days.

But if anyone has got the DVD including the warm-up act i woudl be greatful

Back
Top Bottom