A Grand Madness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
Has anyone read this book (A Grand Madness: 10 Years on the Road with U2. Dianne Beeaff)? I happened to pick it up at the Virgin Megastore on Market St. in San Francisco this weekend. It's an interesting book to read. It actually reminded me of people here at Interference on this past tour. It's kindof a neat perspective.

I'm actually curious if the author is a member of interference b/c she's online, and was/is a member of WIRE. She listed some U2 sites in the appendix, but interference.com wasn't one of them.

Anyway, for those of you who get anything U2 related, I suggest you pick this up. It's not really a super exciting story or anything, but I enjoyed skimming through it while waiting in the airports on the way back. It's the kind of book you can read in any order really. It's basically this fans diary entries that relate to U2.

So has anyone else read this?

I was going to order that book, but the reviews I read were not positive, so I held off on it. Maybe I will have to check it out.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I've read it and really liked it alot....you're right ,it could be any fans story,but it was'nt mine.
frown.gif

I found it thrilling to read about all the shows she got to attend during that time.
All and all I'd reccomend it to a U2 fan.

I've read it. I like it too. It's different because it's seen from most fans perspective, an diary, much like my own from this tour. The stress with tickets, no food or sleep for ages. Thoughts, reflections to the shows.
It's not earthbreaking but nice to flip through.
I would try to borrow it. I did and have read it and have no need to buy it now. So that's my advice, borrow if possible.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I checked it out of the library once and tried to read it. I thought the book was a little too centered on the writer and her fan experiences. I also didn't like the writing. I'd say more, but it would all be negative, and I don't want to harp.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom