a foot of snow anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
aaaahhhhh... the joys of winter - in october. this week we got a foot of snow, heavy wet snow. the schools were closed on thursday and friday, while the plowd dug everyone out.

on thursday as i went to winnipeg, i could only go 20 freaking km's an hour in certain places. the roads were horrible, icy too.

whats weired about all this? winnipeg had/has no snow. NONE. an hour away from a foot of snow you will find brown ugly fall weather, while christmas is in the minds of everyone where i live.

how strange.

so my question is, how many of you people out there have never, or almost never, seen snow in person?

if you havent, then rejoice. snow is good for christmas and thats it.

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
aaaahhhhh... the joys of winter - in october.

aaaaahhhhhh.....the joys of summer - in october. It was in the 80's here today.
biggrin.gif

just trying to get in one more bad, grade 1 post before you leave.
wink.gif

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

aaaahhhhh... the joys of winter - in october. this week we got a foot of snow, heavy wet snow. the schools were closed on thursday and friday, while the plowd dug everyone out.
over here the schools were closed saturday and sunday

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

that was beyond lame. that entered the halls of supreme cutlas, salome.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
i have never seen snow

apart from a little bit of ice that was on the ground in the Blue Mountians once.

yar Ive never seen snow

Me too... I've once seen a frozen lake in Beijing, but just missed the snow. We never get anything below 0 degree C here.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I also love snow!

Winter is my favourite season. You can ski, skate, play hockey... You go back home, light a fire... Everything is so beautiful! I could never live without it!

------------------
"You see things and say 'Why?'; but I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'" -- George Bernard Shaw

I have seen snow only while visiting other places, naturally (since I'm in Louisiana). I saw snow in Pennsylvania, Arkansas, and in California at Yellow Stone National Park.

I've loved it!

------------------
Zooropamanda:
U2's Official Aussie Fan

Acrob@t:
Feedback's Official Acrob@tic Individual

The current weather conditions here is
RAIN and don't forget fog.
Liquid snow, if you will...don't think we got a foot of it, though.
Yes, I love snow, I grew up in Michigan, and lived in Alaska, so all of the above.

We don't get much snow here in Puget Sound.

[This message has been edited by beardog (edited 10-28-2001).]

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
in California at Yellow Stone National Park.

Do you mean Yosemite?
wink.gif
We all do that little switch, even those of us who live in warm, sunny California.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

In Michigan, you experience everything. Sweltering hot in summer with 80-100 degree temperatures (end of May to end of August). Six months of winter-like conditions (freezing and dreary from late October to the end of April) with snow, if you've been lucky, from late December (usually early January, though) to the end of March.

So, basically, people in Michigan live the extremes, and, quite honestly, I'm quite tired of it! It's really mostly due to our precarious position on the map--Gulf of Mexico weather comes forth to make us burn to death in summer and Canadian-Arctic weather comes forth to put us in the deep freeze. Then multiply those temperatures, due to the near constant humidity due to these lakes, leading to atrocious wind chills. So, overall, for those who wish to experience all weather, come to Michigan!!
biggrin.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by melon:

So, overall, for those who wish to experience all weather, come to Michigan!!
biggrin.gif

I agree! This state is nuts! *lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I lived in Denver for a couple years when I was a kid and have relatives in New York so I've seen my share of snow.

I live in Texas now, and ocassionally we actually get snow here too, though usually it's 1 inch and not 1 foot
smile.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

Originally posted by melon:
So, overall, for those who wish to experience all weather, come to Michigan!!
biggrin.gif

I think all of us who live around the Great Lakes (Michigan, Ohio, Upper NY, IL, southern Ontario) can sympathize.
wink.gif

Originally posted by beardog:
The current weather conditions here is
RAIN and don't forget fog.
Liquid snow, if you will...don't think we got a foot of it, though.
We don't get much snow here in Puget Sound.

I am also from the Pacific Northwest. Beardog did a pretty good job of describing the weather here. Deathbear, you would laugh soo hard if you saw how people react when it snows here! Everybody freaks out!! If we get a foot of snow, the whole city shuts down and most people stay home from work or school until the snow melts again. There are always alot of car crashes because people here do not know how to drive in the snow. It's rather embarassing, really.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

[This message has been edited by Calluna (edited 10-28-2001).]

Originally posted by martha:
Do you mean Yosemite?
wink.gif
We all do that little switch, even those of us who live in warm, sunny California.

Thank you for keeping me in check, martha! Yes, I must admit that the Yosemite trip was combined with the two U2 shows in San Jose on the first leg, so in all honesty, the park was not the thing on the top of my mind... nice snow on the top of the mountains though
biggrin.gif

I miss not getting any snow out here in California, having grown up in the midwest. Many fond memories of snowball fights, sledding and ice skating on frozen ponds. And Christmas time isn't the same without a little snow.

Of course by now I'm spoiled by all this mild weather!

on thursday as i went to winnipeg, i could only go 20 freaking km's an hour in certain places. the roads were horrible, icy too.

So you live on the Prairies. I'm starting to narrow this down.

------------------
The soul needs beauty for a soulmate

A foot of snow? We need precipitation desperately here, after a minor flood in February and a BIG one in March we are now heading into a dangerously dry Spring.So your snow may be handy thanks 96.

**cass leaves colourful beanies for all the I.com folk in the north**

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 11-02-2001).]

I never see snow, except if I go to Reno or Tahoe in the Winter, which is almost never.

Some people like to pee in the snow.

------------------
Rats and children follow me out of town

Back
Top Bottom