A few items....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edge on Interference at last. That just blows my ever-lovin mind. :combust:

TheBrazilianFly said:
Edge seems to be a night person. Cool. :cool:

Yet ANOTHER reason why he was always my favorite. :sexywink: :heart:

Watch out for the blue crack, Edge...it'll hook you when you least expect it...this is a four year addition for me!

If he said hes coming to australia, i can't see them not doing south america.

It'll be like pop mart..southamerica - australia- new zealand- japan - south africa then a new album (hopefully):drool:

The Edge said:
not worth a lick! :laugh:
YES...we will see you on OZ :applaud: :hyper:
....and just take care of each here other OK?:yes:
Blue crack???? :huh:
I just noticed how :cool: one of those items is
YES!

'..living on the land of Oz.."

Oh! Oh!!! OHHHHH!!!!!

(Sorry).:crack:

I think I really AM addicted. I think I need therapy..(Voice of Finding Nemo's Bruce the Shark) "It has been 13 hours since I was last on Interference and I have yet to feel ashamed of being a newbie".

Newbie? Well, to the "Blue crack"..best expression EVER for a website...

New fan? Nope. 35 yrs old and been a fan since 12. And I am the oldest child...

Fortunately, I have prepared myself for this website by spending the past 3 yrs on TheOneRing.net, which is..how can I put this?..the Interference of Lord of the Rings fans. I was one of the people who had read LOTR years before Peter Jackson's films came out, to the point where I could quote from most of Tolkien's works chapter and verse. I can tell you that at least 3 Interferencers are 'Ringers" too (as we call hard-core LOTR fans)--I have plugged this site over the yrs in their Forums with major band and Africa news. I'm surprised the mods there didn't kick me off. My posting name there is Fimbrethil. For those unfamilar with the website, TORN--as they call it--made headline news around the world in February after the OScars; practically all the backstage pics of Jackson and crew were made from staff at their Oscar party. Strangely enough, a worldwide community of Tolkien and Jackson fans has grown up over the years that is surprisingly similar to the U2 fandom, a lot of it due to that website. I'd never seen anything else like the U2 fan community until Jacksons' films came along. It's the most incredible thing. The strangest thing now is a crazy bunch of fans who have formed a sort of Howard Shore fan club and are following the composer around as he is going on tour, playing the LOTR Symphony around the world. People are being moved to tears by the power of Shore's score played live. Shore is being treated like a rock star. I can personally attest to this. When I experienced his score live, only U2 and Bruce came close to its emotional power. Well--U2 is the BEST--but this was a distant second?But we have come to care for Peter Jackson and his crew like we all care about the Boys here, and I never EVER expected it to happen again in my life, no, not after 20 yrs, and it came completely by surprise.

Of course, I have told the folks at theOneRing.net that no matter how much I love Tolkien, U2 came first, and is the great "life-changing" fan experience of my life, and that when a new album came out, I'd have to cut back my posting there. However, such a spirit of love has grown up around the LOTR fans that we are follwing the filming of King Kong slavishly as the progress of this album. So I can never leave there completely.

Escuse me for blathering on. I was famous in TORN for my long posts. Should I mention I am half Irish? And write? If you are Irish at all can you stop talking? We know a certain guy here?

Right?:wink:

Anyway..hope you guys excuse me...I am going to be here a lot. I hope you're kind to newbies.

Who 4 Life: Don't EVER be ashamed of your Edge-worship. I was a fan for 20 yrs before I ever wanted to meet him in person. I have and he is the SWEETEST guy. You see, I had a book about King David that I wanted Bono to have, so I decided to get in touch with my totally crazed fan friends (they have U2 license plates?!?!) and get all the skinny on where they stayed in Boston when on tour, when they came out to backstage to mingle, etc. So I came out the first night and Adam came out and I gave him the book since I thought I wouldn't get the chance to meet Bono. (I did later.) This was during Elevation Tour.

On Thurs night Edge came out. He was VERY quiet and I thought he was in a bad mood for some reason (the famous Guitar-smashing Show had been the night before--he had smashed his guitar onstage, ). So we were all quiet at first. I smiled at him (didn't think I'd go all starstruck, but what do you say? he is even handsomer in person than in the pics--talk about intensity! Who says that there isn't such a thing as "manly mystery"?) I didn't want an autograph--all I wanted was a pic. He did pose with a few people; I think I was the one who broke the ice. I am barely 5 feet tall and am VERY softspoken, and look a LOT younger (up until about 5 yrs ago I was still getting proofed!). He posed next to me on my left and he had to lean down very far to me; in the oic I look like a little kid next to him. He is very softspoken in person and you may feel a little intimidated at first if you are the outgoing sort. His approach is totally different from Bono. But once theice is broken, he is very kind and puts you at ease.

I am so sorry---since I ma new what are the rules here about long posts? I don't have alot of time online so I like to pick a chosen thread or two and go on and on for a night. This place is just as big as TORN, may be even bigger! I can feel the shakes coming on again...need to listen to "Bad" to cure my habit?

Do I want a cure? Heck NO.

Um..What WAS I going to say? Since Edge is gone from here methinks it's OK to say things like this here.

Hello Angel: a quick question:

here are my points of interest.

1)Is there a section here for people whp pay attention to the spiritual side of the band? (I've had my own Shalom experience...."tongues of angels" and all. I am convinced that that gibberish Bono is singing about two-thirds of the way thru Vertigo on the bridge is "Bono-ese", aka "speaking in tongues" like on October" again..his "language" seems to be heavy on vowels..--mine is heavy on "th's" and "m's"...oops..got weird there, you Christians know what I meant there.

I also have a fantastic inspirational story I really want to share with people involving 'Bad" that I call a testimony about how the music changes lives.

2)A place where people talk about music history.

3) Irish and talking about politics..well, maybe I shouldn't go there.

4) I've read a little of the PLEBA stuff. Just how crazy are you guys? I don't think I'd post--I'll bet you guys share NC-17 rated band member dreams!?!!--but I'd love some of those "half-naked"pics! Do I have to be a premium member to get them? And do you have to pay with a credit card?

Also, can anyone write editorials who isn't on the staff? I ran a little weekly column on the old ZooNation site in 2001 called The Fifth Province where I wrote editorials. I'm the type who loves to write the really deep prfound interpretative stuff, and alreasy have a ton of ideas in my head about the tracklist. I'm looking for aplace to share that now.

Last: (I promise): I'm the more serious sort, I know, (as you may have seen in my question to Edge) but I hope I can loosen up on here a little.

Again, please excuse me for ramblingon and on, but that's only becuase I'm still exploring your site and don''t know here to take myself and choosing a place where I might get heard. (Now that Edge is long gone of course.)

Last edited:
my_kite said:
Hi Edge...WOW...is that really you?? GOsh...be very very welcome among us...the nuts! :)

First of all, I wanted to say THANK YOU a million zillion for coming to Portugal in April. Not only did you guys mix up things around here with the fans...but I had the chance to meet you at the airport (and If you had a clue of what I went trough that day to find you, you would call me crazy!) and you gave me one of the finest days of my life! I hope you enjoyed staying here!
Second...I wanted to thank you for having me started on playing the guitar. You are the most gifted player I ever saw! Your style...Oh God...I'll never play like that! It's makes me shake inside, everytime I listen to that Intro in Streets...! Gosh...my fingers don't bleed yet, but sometimes it really hurts...but I can't stop (was it like this with you at the beggining?) :)

It's hard to explain how and why you guys inspire me so much, and changed my life so much...but it's true as you can imagine! One day I'll have to tell you all! :)

Thank you so much for showing up! :) I love you man!
And...please ...could you give a :hug: to Bono from me?

GUYS..you are the soundtrack of my life! LOL...'Just give me what I want...and no ones gets hurt! ;)

Oh...one more thig! I LOVE Vertigo...really aditive!!! And I can't wait for the album...I think another BOY is about to be born! ;)

Love
Tania

AWW!;):WINK:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom