A dog named Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliEnvy

Refugee
Had a U2 experience at the vet early this morning....

My golden retriever was stung in the face by some nasty insect so his poor little face puffed up (so damn cute!) and I took him to the vet. While waiting he was playing with a spunky jack russell terrier who would start barking when Jake spanked his nose. LOL.

So his owner said "Bono, shhh!"....well didn't that jolt me out of my almost comatose state of half-sleep half day-dreaming!!! We had a great U2 chat :yes:

Hubby would never have let me name our dog Bono, grrrrr.

Anyone here with U2ized pets?

I had a blackbird called Adam...........but I had to give him away... :( :( :(

My friend had a horse called Sparky, nothing to do with Adam though. I wanted to call my friends shetland pony Bono but I was outvoted.

I always wanted a black Lab and wanted to name him Bono. But I doubt my future hubby would agree either.

But, I've already sneakily been able to manage U2 into naming our pets. I told him, "Hey if we ever get a dog can we name him Sparky??????:sexywink:

strange ...very strange , i have a dog , his name is bono and he is rat terrier ( looks like 100% jack rassell ) he 's white with black spots ...and recently we went to cut our nails in vet.hospital ..btw i live in MA ,

FallingStar said:
I had a blackbird called Adam...........but I had to give him away... :( :( :(

he was a sweetie!!!

In my dream my black lab pup with a red collar was called Larry- does that count??? me and my best firned derek talk about larry all the time ppl think i actually have a puppy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanted to name my new hamster Bono, but dad requested that I not. :D

BC's Dad: "You talk about one Bono enough...I don't need to have two of them to hear about all the time."

:D

I wish I didn't know so many sad stories...

I named my dog "With Great Gusto" (Gus) but once I saw him in those blue glasses and leather coat he has become known as "Gustovox". I had a horse called Sonny from1974-1980. If I had heard of U2 back then, I would have called him Sonny Bono.:)

I wanted to tell this next story when it happened....it's a bit sad, but also true.

About 18 months ago my young friend's aunty killed herself after a long struggle with addiction. I remmeber seeing her Aunty in the 80's, one of our only local genuine bona-fide punks. ( Irish decent, a musician, striking!!) She had said how she wanted her funeral to be, an open casket in her garden, her in tartan and full punk regalia and hair. They played Violent Femmes "Blister In the Sun" as they carried her out. Her hub spoke at the funeral and said' she was struggling again and couldn't find the strength to go on, but he felt it was the recent death of her beloved German Shepherd ......"Bono", that had been the last straw. I never knew she was a U2 fan.

RIP Mandy

Well...a co-worker of mine named her cat Bono...during some time we had our computer screens with Bono wallpapers...hers being a picture of her cat. Mine was the real thing. :D

I tried naming my parrot Lemon Head (his head looks like a lemon) but it didn't really stick and everybody kept calling him Mr. Parrot. Oh well when i get mad at him because he destroys my furniture I call him dumb Lemon.:lemon:

Back
Top Bottom