A different rumour about those POP remixes.... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2002, 01:48 PM   #21
Kid A

Local Time: 05:06 AM
do you also like licking your underarm?

Old 08-25-2002, 07:56 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 05:06 AM
did I miss something?

Old 08-25-2002, 10:04 PM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 10:06 AM
Pop's a wonderful album which doesn't need any remixing IMHO, unless they are into making extended mixes of some of the tracks or something more likely still which is making surround mixes to release on DVD-A or the new format SACD.

If they are planning to leave out a track, let it be If God Will Send His Angels.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:31 PM   #24
Babyface

No Way!

Quote:
Originally posted by scatteroflight
How about remixing Pop so that Playboy Mansion is no longer on the album?
Playboy Mansion is a great song! It's one of the reasons Pop is my fav. U2 album.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:57 PM   #25
Refugee

Re: No Way!

Quote:
Originally posted by thezoofly

Playboy Mansion is a great song! It's one of the reasons Pop is my fav. U2 album.
I can't stand Mofo, but I sort of understand why people love it. Ditto for Discotheque. But Playboy Mansion, to me, is so appallingly bad that it boggles my mind. "If Coke is a mystery, Michael Jackson history, a Big mac bigger than you think." Puh-leeeeaaaaase. And musically, it's just pointless. Boring and pointless. I really think it has become my least favourite U2 song.

However, if you can get past all the abuse I've just hurled at it and resist the urge to flame me big time, maybe you can try explaining to me why you like it even a tiny little bit, let alone a lot??
Old 08-28-2002, 04:12 AM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 06:06 PM
better remix

Quote:
Originally posted by Shine * Like* Stars*

LMAO! Or Miami!
How about a mix of POP with totally new lyrics and melodies? And good riddance of those razzle dazzle techo trip-hop dance jungle disco embelishments that were pointless?

Cheers,

J
Old 08-28-2002, 05:56 AM   #27
Refugee

Re: better remix

Quote:
Originally posted by jick

How about a mix of POP with totally new lyrics and melodies? And good riddance of those razzle dazzle techo trip-hop dance jungle disco embelishments that were pointless?

Cheers,

J
You just might have something there--though I liked most of the "embellished" tracks better than the simple, straightforward, BAD Playboy Mansion!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:32 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Re: better remix

Quote:
Originally posted by jick

Cheers,

J
I thought that POP had great lyrics, apart from Miami and Playboy Mansion. I understand what Bono tried to do on these songs, but IMO he just can't pull off this clever-clever style convincingly enough and that makes them truly cringeworthy to listen to.

I agree though that some songs are bogged down with pointless studio effects. "If Gods Will Send His Angels" would have fared just fine without those annoying electronic bits in the background that didn't need to be there in the first place. I understand the need for experimentation, but not when it means sticking "hip" sounds everywhere just for the sake of it.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:57 AM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Re: Re: better remix

Quote:
Originally posted by Saracene

I thought that POP had great lyrics, apart from Miami and Playboy Mansion. I understand what Bono tried to do on these songs, but IMO he just can't pull off this clever-clever style convincingly enough and that makes them truly cringeworthy to listen to.

I agree though that some songs are bogged down with pointless studio effects. "If Gods Will Send His Angels" would have fared just fine without those annoying electronic bits in the background that didn't need to be there in the first place. I understand the need for experimentation, but not when it means sticking "hip" sounds everywhere just for the sake of it.
Chewing Bubblegum and an Insect In Your Ear aren't exactly Bono's best lyrical ideas. Or the blone leading the blind cliche? Or how about Mother sucking rock n roll?

If it sucks it must be art. It its art it must be good. So many people have fallen for this.

Cheers,

J
Old 08-28-2002, 10:06 AM   #30
Refugee

Re: Re: better remix

Quote:
Originally posted by Saracene

I thought that POP had great lyrics, apart from Miami and Playboy Mansion.
Some of the lyrics were good, some were so-so, some were really bad. I think Gone has a great, great lyric, but that's the only song on the album I'd say that about. I do like Gone, though I don't love it. It was the only song off Pop they played at the concert I went to last year--good choice!