a cute U2 fan story from last year's VMA's (a girl from TRL got to do interviews)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
you know, the VMA's when Bono and Larry introduced Rage against the machine.

well, i saw a clip where several people had to compete on TRL to get the award. this girl from America (if you're reading, sorry i didn't remember your name) won and the award was to be on the red carpet, interviewing all the celebrities as they were arriving.

SO-there was footage of her standing there, and later she was in a TV studio explaining how it felt. she was very excited, and she especially mentioned how great if felt meeting Bono.
sure enough, there was footage of Larry and Bono arriving. Larry smiling, and Bono hugged the girl real tight. she said it felt funny because she could feel his face on her neck. (yes indeed, he sort of "sinked" his face in the space between her shoulders and neck) so then he takes her hand, looks at the palm of her hand and says: "i see a good future...for the two of us."
biggrin.gif

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

Originally posted by U2girl:
sure enough, there was footage of Larry and Bono arriving. Larry smiling, and Bono hugged the girl real tight. she said it felt funny because she could feel his face on her neck. (yes indeed, he sort of "sinked" his face in the space between her shoulders and neck) so then he takes her hand, looks at the palm of her hand and says: "i see a good future...for the two of us."
biggrin.gif

hey! I saw that too! They played that special a million times that week. I memorized where that clip was and watched a million times
smile.gif
*would not have EVER taken a shower EVER again after yummy Bono touched me*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

Originally posted by NicaMom:

BTW, isn't she currently working for MTV?

Yup! They liked her so much that they kept her.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Did you also notice the clips of some other celebrities basically blowing her off because she didn't seem to be anybody important? But not Bono!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

lucky girl... bono is such a bad boy.
wink.gif

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Did you also notice the clips of some other celebrities basically blowing her off because she didn't seem to be anybody important? But not Bono!

yes i did!

------------------

the goal is soul

I HAVE to win that competition next year....
smile.gif

Was lucky enough to get his attention for a few mins at one of the London shows - practically had to be helped onto the tube home!

Originally posted by Discoteque:
are you TRYING to make me crazy????
eek.gif

Cos it's working.

Sheesh.

*seethes with envy, wants to take time machine back, kick this girl out and replace her with ME!!!*

hehehe...sorry about that.
wink.gif

must admit i didn't expect such a PLEBA-ish response from you and Larry's Pop angel.

------------------

the goal is soul

Back
Top Bottom