A cute little story that happened to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Yesterday I was at the stable as usual taking care of my horse. Since the radio has failed to work lately I've brought cassettes instead and of course it has been U2. Yesterday I hada tape with a live show from 84 on one side and the BBC from last fall on the other.
After a while two younger girls, that comes to borrow two horses and rides once or twice a week, shows up and we talk some in general and they are quite fascinated by my obsession since before and as usual I get the question if I've been to any U2 shows lately.
smile.gif
They don't pay any attention to the music.

Then I leave to go for a ride and I come back an hour later and the tape has switched side and are now playing Elevation and one of the girls, excited, says to me "listen Sara it's U2 on the radio!!" I laugh quitely because it was so sweet of her to think of me and the other girl that knows it's a tape tells her friend it's a tape and then I say, we have been listening to U2 ever since she came 1.5 hour earlier. Her respond is "Oh, I didn't know....*shines up* ... but I recognize this song!"
Then I hear them both sing along when Stuck comes on and they knew the lyric!!!

It was just such a sweet and happy thing that happened yesterday and I felt like sharing.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Back
Top Bottom