A cover version of BTBS will be released at the end of the year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Maaaaaaan

The Fly
cover version of BTBS! / other good cover versions?

The popular brasilian hard-rock band Sepultura will cover "Bullet
The Blue Sky".
They will record an EP in the next month and will release it at the end of the year.
Other cover versions on the record will be:

Public Enemey`s - "Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos"
Jane`s Addictions - "Mountain Song"
and others

I`m normally not a big fan of Sepultura (like most of you guys, I think :sexywink:), but it sounds quite interesting.
A hard-rock band covers an U2 song. :eek:

Are there any other good / interesting cover versions of U2 songs out there?

Last edited:
bono-vox said:
Threre are 2 threads floating aboot here about cover's and in one of them this has been mentioned me tinks....
Yes I mentioned it in one thread, but I thougt that not everyone
would read it.
That is why I started a new thread.

Last edited:
bono-vox said:

I am smart..... :|

Only fools post the same topic after 2 threads are already floating around about the same thing :|

I am sorry for this sentence ok.
Look at the post above yours I edit it.

Maybe it was a fault. I am still quite new in this forum.
Maybe we should stop this discussion. ;)

Last edited:
Actually Sepultura is much harder than 'hard rock' and I was a big fan before Max Cavalera left to form Soulfly. I think it will be very cool to hear it, most of you on here probably won' like it, but it has to be better than POD's version.

Also I very much look forward to Anthrax's version of 'Exit', I think this version will surprise many people, not because I have heard it, but I bet they do the song some justice.

Ugh...Thinking about other people covering U2 songs makes me feel like doing this...:barf:

What is the point? There's no way in HELL these people can come close to the quality of the original...Why bother? :madspit:

If it's not broken, don't fix it. :mad:

wertsie said:
Ugh...Thinking about other people covering U2 songs makes me feel like doing this...:barf:

What is the point? There's no way in HELL these people can come close to the quality of the original...Why bother? :madspit:

If it's not broken, don't fix it. :mad:

Uh maybe to pay some respect to a band they admire? Why did U2 cover Helter Skelter or any other song? Maybe they wanted to have fun? I know a lot of people that start bands probably do a lot of covers before they learn to write their own material. I also think bands like to cover songs, and put some of their own personal touches on them, to make them sound different than the originals. I don't think people want to cover songs, only to try and sound exactly like the original. There would be no point in wanting to hear it.

Re: cover version of BTBS! / other good cover versions?

A Maaaaaaan said:
The popular brasilian hard-rock band Sepultura will cover "Bullet
The Blue Sky".
They will record an EP in the next month and will release it at the end of the year.
Other cover versions on the record will be:

Are there any other good / interesting cover versions of U2 songs out there?

Sepultara has good taste, they cover a New model army song. The Hunt.:D

I did enjoy Sepultura's "Roots" album (when Max was still with them)
it should be pretty good
though I'm not really interested in most cover versions

Back
Top Bottom