A Comment About The Joshua Tree...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
...I think the Bullet The Blue Sky-Running To Stand Still-Red Hill Mining Town trilogy is as good as the Streets-Still Haven't Found-With Or Without You trilogy. I know most of you will disagree, but that is what hit me when I was listening to the record earlier today.

:drool:

See, I used to have an original copy of JT on cassette with this track order...

1. Streets
2. I Still
3. WOWY
4. Bullet
5. One Tree Hill (w/ 'great ocean' bit)

6. RTSS
7. Red Hill
8. In God's Country
9. Trip
10. Exit
11. MOTD

So the Bullet-RTSS-RHMT 'trilogy' never really did it for me like the Streets-ISHF-WOWY one did. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
See, I used to have an original copy of JT on cassette with this track order...

1. Streets
2. I Still
3. WOWY
4. Bullet
5. One Tree Hill (w/ 'great ocean' bit)

6. RTSS
7. Red Hill
8. In God's Country
9. Trip
10. Exit
11. MOTD

So the Bullet-RTSS-RHMT 'trilogy' never really did it for me like the Streets-ISHF-WOWY one did. :wink:

Was that the original version of the JT cassette or did you have a bootleg or what? I mean was that a mistake or is that how U2 originally wanted it or...? Cuz that's real weird.

My CD has the regular track order but Exit has the "great ocean" bit. Exit...:drool:

AtomicBono said:

Was that the original version of the JT cassette or did you have a bootleg or what? I mean was that a mistake or is that how U2 originally wanted it or...? Cuz that's real weird.

My CD has the regular track order but Exit has the "great ocean" bit. Exit...:drool:

Thought you'd never ask! :happy: Well... that was a tape I had when I was still in India. It WAS an original tape (w/ the record company name and copyright symbols in the back) but with the different order. So when I bought the CD for the first time, seeing RTSS after Bullet was really weird and new to me.. cos I had associated One Tree Hill after Bullet to the point of expecting the song to start when the previous one ended. :wink:

Anyway, my CD has the fucked up Exit too... with the OTH intro.

Wow, that's kuh-ray-zee Zoot! So does that mean people in India have some totally warped perception of the Joshua Tree?

...you used to live in India?

Well... I'm not totally sure if that was the case with all JT cassettes that were released over there. Mine I remember was hard bound like the cover for a video rental. That's how many audio cassettes were released in India for the longest time. And you know what, I remember seeing a different track order for 'War' too. Oh... I remember it now. They did it for many albums (not just U2) so that the A and B sides would be almost equal in length! This way, if you were done with side A and flipped it over but didn't have the patience to rewind, the starting of side B would be (if you're lucky) right there!

Yes, I used to live in India.. where I'm from originally.

My copy of Def Leppard's Adrenalize had a different order too. And War looked like this...

1. SBS
2. Seconds
3. NYD
4. Like A Song
5. 40

6. Drowning Man
7. Refugee
8. Two Hearts
9. Red Light
10. Surrender

So yeah... again when I got the War CD, I was like whaaa...?

:wink:

Wow, that's awesome, I didn't know you were from India! :happy:

40 in the middle of an album...:lmao: that seems so wrong, somehow. And the first five tracks of War flow so well together... wow so I bet it took awhile to get used to the different track order! I wonder if Achtung Baby put Love is Blindness after Who's Gonna Ride... or something... :huh: that would be so, so disturbing.

AtomicBono said:
I wonder if Achtung Baby put Love is Blindness after Who's Gonna Ride... or something... :huh: that would be so, so disturbing.

:lol:

Nah... my AB tape had the correct order. Oh man, I remember listening to that Achtung Baby cassette all the freakin time! :drool:

sorry namkcur, for completely hijacking this thread. :lmao:

If I like bullet a little more maybe... but I still prefer the 3 classic songs. However, RTSS, RHMT, IGC and OTH are at the same level as the three first songs.

Joshua Tree :bow: :bow: :bow: Best album IMO and nothing will change this.

Back
Top Bottom