A challenge for everybody that has downloaded the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
For those of us that have downloaded this early gift from U2 I have a challenge that I hope you will take me up on.

Since this album has been leaked somewhat unfortunately, I think we need to pay U2 back 10 fold.

This album is the true master work that many of us have been waiting for for a longtime so therefore I think we should all do the following:

1. Buy this album for yourselves and as many others as you can afford (friends, family, and others). Make sure this leak does not affect the album getting as close to #1 in your country as you possibly can.

2. Tell everybody how good this album is, the more word of mouth advertising this amazing album gets the better.

If we all do that I think this leak will have no affect on how the CD does when it hits the shops in a few short weeks.

Thank you everybody.

But most of all thank you U2. This album is truly amazing.

you're preaching to choir. we're gonna be all over the official releases, don't you worry. and believe me, most of our friends and family have heard more gushing than they ever wanted to. :wink:

okay, I can do this and already started in fact.

Oh, and might add that not burning a copy for anyone who you are not convinced 1000% will buy the album on its release date, (and you know who those people are) would be helpful.

Agree 100%

Not sure whether this is Achtung Baby worthy yet, but I am still listening to it and like all U2 albums, songs will grow on me.

I'm off to order one for my cat. She likes them too.

Oh and happy early birthday Yahweh!

dandy said:
you're preaching to choir.

:yes:

I really don't think there is anything to be concerned about here, as far as U2 fans spreading the word about the new album. If it doesn't reach number one, I really don't think it will be because of this leak.

I've destroyed the copies on my hard drive - it is simple on the ipod now - so I can't make cd's for anyone. In terms of buying the album -I'm all over it and it is the christmas gift I'm giving out this year. Added to the fact that I pretty much am a talking advert for U2 and apple

nurse chrissi said:
I've destroyed the copies on my hard drive - it is simple on the ipod now - so I can't make cd's for anyone. In terms of buying the album -I'm all over it and it is the christmas gift I'm giving out this year. Added to the fact that I pretty much am a talking advert for U2 and apple

That's funny. I can actually be credited with 3 U2 ipod's + box set orders. Do we get some sort of comission?

Considering that there are advances in audio compression and the current VBR mp3's are closer than ever to the original source, it should not be far-fetched to believe that a few of the penny-pinchers or casual U2 fans or financially hard-up fans won't buy this album and will just burn it to cd.

And considering that scans, artwork, and lyric texts are or will be out in the net in one form or anoher - the bootleggers in China won't waste any time releasing fake underpriced versions of the album.

So while your challenge seems like a noble idea, I doubt that it will be 100% followed.

Cheers,

J

of course it won't be 100% followed. but it's the way of things now. Albums leak to the net before they're released... it's not just U2.. it isn't as if U2 is being picked on and slighted here. I mean ATYCLB leaked earlier and it went on to sell 10 million copies.

No its not just U2 that this happens too but unlike other bands and artists U2 doesnt take a week to make an album, they put a lot of hard work into it and it deserves to get the credit it deserves as far as sales go comparitively to the rest of the albums.

In the end I believe that this album is going to do much better then ATYCLB in sales because it is just that much better a record.

Yahweh said:
For those of us that have downloaded this early gift from U2 I have a challenge that I hope you will take me up on.

Since this album has been leaked somewhat unfortunately, I think we need to pay U2 back 10 fold.

This album is the true master work that many of us have been waiting for for a longtime so therefore I think we should all do the following:

1. Buy this album for yourselves and as many others as you can afford (friends, family, and others). Make sure this leak does not affect the album getting as close to #1 in your country as you possibly can.

2. Tell everybody how good this album is, the more word of mouth advertising this amazing album gets the better.

If we all do that I think this leak will have no affect on how the CD does when it hits the shops in a few short weeks.

Thank you everybody.

But most of all thank you U2. This album is truly amazing.

dont forget atyclb was leaked before release and it dident affect its sales did it?

It wasnt 3 weeks berfore the release date though it was only a few days before.

Yahweh - I agree with you 100%. :applaud:

And if U2 and/or someone from their management team is reading this, THANK YOU FOR A MAGNIFICENT ALBUM ! :wink:

I have only heard about half of the songs on HTDAAB, but the songs that I have heard are FULL OF LOVE, HOPE and the SHINING LIGHT that have always filled U2's music.

And thank you, Yahweh, for just trying to steer us onto the path of Gratefulness to U2 for all that they have given us through their GLORIOUS 25 years in the music industry.

We could never thank U2 enough.:hug:

starsgoblue said:
Like I've said...U2 has got my 500 pounds...and then some this year. I think my salary it pretty much theirs for the taking until the end of thier tour. :wink:

Sigh, mine too, now where is that checkbook...calls into other room "we are out of checks, just get them to print "U2" on the to line for this order okay."

RobVox

RobVox said:
Sigh, mine too, now where is that checkbook...calls into other room "we are out of checks, just get them to print "U2" on the to line for this order okay."
RobVox

Good one. I actually like the idea that someone had a while ago. If they just gave me some wire instructions I could have my paycheck direct deposited into their account. It would just avoid an extra step.

Damn, now that is a good idea!! Calls bank:

"Uh, yeah, I need a routing number for a Paul Hewson in Dublin Ireland..."

"You need what Sir?"

"Well I guess we could make this easier, try Paul McGuiness, that should take care of other issues as well..."

"Click, *hang up noise*."

"Uh, hello, hello..."

I think they should tour this album for about 3 years and make every song on it a single. I know it wont happen but one can dream.

I downloaded it. My 2nd listening. I rank it with AB and JT. And I don't take AB's name in vain, if you guys know what I mean.

Limited Edition is ordered already from Amazon. But you know what, you are right I'm gonna make sure that at least one other from my family will buy it. Everyone should do it. This album deserves more recognition than ATYCLB. Hell with ATYCLB!! Hope it does better than any other U2 record.

[Prophecy]Someday U2 will be the most powerful band in the world. [/Prophecy]

I pre-ordered mine on Nov. 1st. before this even came up.
By the way I get Yahoo email alerts for anything to do with U2/Bono and todays email, had nothing in it about the album leak. It covers stories from various US and international newspapers.
I haven't read anything about the internet leak of U2's album as of todays news, online...

However, I did see in the JAM newsletter (Canada) Eminem has moved up the release date of his new album, Encore, from Nov. 16 to Nov. 12, in an attempt to "shortcut Internet piracy and bootlegging." Article here:

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamMusic/nov5_eminem-sun.html

Isn't he with Interscope as well as U2?

Last edited:
In the US they are both under the Interscope label but I doubt U2 moves up the date, I hope it stays right where it is.

Yahweh said:
In the US they are both under the Interscope label but I doubt U2 moves up the date, I hope it stays right where it is.

Well, if they move it up maybe you can still wait until the 23rd.

I'm real sorry no personal attack but some of these holier than thou responses are getting more silly by the minute.

I don't understand, Yahweh why wait till the 23rd? Other that marketing factors of course. But to get in as many sales as possible now that it's out for free, seems to make more sense.
What's so special about the 23rd anyway? I would think you would want them to go ahead and release it to the buying public.
Just curious..:wink:
(Especially if I could get my collectors edition sooner. God I would love that)

Originally posted by starsgoblue
Like I've said...U2 has got my 500 pounds...and then some this year.
They had mine £ 500 x n ....

I think my salary it pretty much theirs for the taking until the end of thier tour.
So does mine. I'm broke but I'm happy.
And I have ordered mine almost two weeks ago and have been talking about it with everybody I know.

Why not keep it on the 23rd? I dont see any benefit in moving the date up at this point. Although the idea of U2 vs Eminem in the same release week sounds very tempting I am also very sure that Eminem would do better intially but this album should stay very consistant in sales.

Basically it looks good in print to say the album went to #1 and going against Eminem in the same release week at least in the US would probably not make that happen.

Back
Top Bottom