A challenge for everybody that has downloaded the album - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2004, 11:42 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:45 AM
A challenge for everybody that has downloaded the album

For those of us that have downloaded this early gift from U2 I have a challenge that I hope you will take me up on.

Since this album has been leaked somewhat unfortunately, I think we need to pay U2 back 10 fold.

This album is the true master work that many of us have been waiting for for a longtime so therefore I think we should all do the following:

1. Buy this album for yourselves and as many others as you can afford (friends, family, and others). Make sure this leak does not affect the album getting as close to #1 in your country as you possibly can.

2. Tell everybody how good this album is, the more word of mouth advertising this amazing album gets the better.

If we all do that I think this leak will have no affect on how the CD does when it hits the shops in a few short weeks.

Thank you everybody.

But most of all thank you U2. This album is truly amazing.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:45 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:45 PM
you're preaching to choir. we're gonna be all over the official releases, don't you worry. and believe me, most of our friends and family have heard more gushing than they ever wanted to.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:46 AM   #3
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:45 PM
okay, I can do this and already started in fact.

Oh, and might add that not burning a copy for anyone who you are not convinced 1000% will buy the album on its release date, (and you know who those people are) would be helpful.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:47 AM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 08:45 PM
Agree 100%

Not sure whether this is Achtung Baby worthy yet, but I am still listening to it and like all U2 albums, songs will grow on me.

I'm off to order one for my cat. She likes them too.

Oh and happy early birthday Yahweh!
Old 11-07-2004, 11:47 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Like I've said...U2 has got my 500 pounds...and then some this year. I think my salary it pretty much theirs for the taking until the end of thier tour.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:49 AM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dandy
you're preaching to choir.

I really don't think there is anything to be concerned about here, as far as U2 fans spreading the word about the new album. If it doesn't reach number one, I really don't think it will be because of this leak.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:51 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Cool now mamma....

Sorry, love that song!! I love this album! I can't help myself!!

Old 11-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:45 PM
I've destroyed the copies on my hard drive - it is simple on the ipod now - so I can't make cd's for anyone. In terms of buying the album -I'm all over it and it is the christmas gift I'm giving out this year. Added to the fact that I pretty much am a talking advert for U2 and apple
Old 11-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #9
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by nurse chrissi
I've destroyed the copies on my hard drive - it is simple on the ipod now - so I can't make cd's for anyone. In terms of buying the album -I'm all over it and it is the christmas gift I'm giving out this year. Added to the fact that I pretty much am a talking advert for U2 and apple
That's funny. I can actually be credited with 3 U2 ipod's + box set orders. Do we get some sort of comission?
Old 11-07-2004, 11:59 AM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 08:45 AM
Considering that there are advances in audio compression and the current VBR mp3's are closer than ever to the original source, it should not be far-fetched to believe that a few of the penny-pinchers or casual U2 fans or financially hard-up fans won't buy this album and will just burn it to cd.

And considering that scans, artwork, and lyric texts are or will be out in the net in one form or anoher - the bootleggers in China won't waste any time releasing fake underpriced versions of the album.

So while your challenge seems like a noble idea, I doubt that it will be 100% followed.

Cheers,

J
Old 11-07-2004, 12:03 PM   #11
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

of course it won't be 100% followed. but it's the way of things now. Albums leak to the net before they're released... it's not just U2.. it isn't as if U2 is being picked on and slighted here. I mean ATYCLB leaked earlier and it went on to sell 10 million copies.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:04 PM   #12
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
Like I've said...U2 has got my 500 pounds...and then some this year.
Yep. This band is gonna take me to the poor house and I'll love every step.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

No its not just U2 that this happens too but unlike other bands and artists U2 doesnt take a week to make an album, they put a lot of hard work into it and it deserves to get the credit it deserves as far as sales go comparitively to the rest of the albums.

In the end I believe that this album is going to do much better then ATYCLB in sales because it is just that much better a record.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:23 PM   #14
The Fly

Local Time: 01:45 AM
Re: A challenge for everybody that has downloaded the album

Quote:
Originally posted by Yahweh
For those of us that have downloaded this early gift from U2 I have a challenge that I hope you will take me up on.

Since this album has been leaked somewhat unfortunately, I think we need to pay U2 back 10 fold.

This album is the true master work that many of us have been waiting for for a longtime so therefore I think we should all do the following:

1. Buy this album for yourselves and as many others as you can afford (friends, family, and others). Make sure this leak does not affect the album getting as close to #1 in your country as you possibly can.

2. Tell everybody how good this album is, the more word of mouth advertising this amazing album gets the better.

If we all do that I think this leak will have no affect on how the CD does when it hits the shops in a few short weeks.

Thank you everybody.

But most of all thank you U2. This album is truly amazing.
dont forget atyclb was leaked before release and it dident affect its sales did it?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:24 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It wasnt 3 weeks berfore the release date though it was only a few days before.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SFGAL
Agree 100%
I'm off to order one for my cat. She likes them too.
No see, that's just wrong. Socks doesn't need a U2 album. A rubber mouse maybe...

Old 11-07-2004, 01:29 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:45 PM
Yahweh - I agree with you 100%.

And if U2 and/or someone from their management team is reading this, THANK YOU FOR A MAGNIFICENT ALBUM !

I have only heard about half of the songs on HTDAAB, but the songs that I have heard are FULL OF LOVE, HOPE and the SHINING LIGHT that have always filled U2's music.

And thank you, Yahweh, for just trying to steer us onto the path of Gratefulness to U2 for all that they have given us through their GLORIOUS 25 years in the music industry.

We could never thank U2 enough.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:32 PM   #18
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
Like I've said...U2 has got my 500 pounds...and then some this year. I think my salary it pretty much theirs for the taking until the end of thier tour.

Sigh, mine too, now where is that checkbook...calls into other room "we are out of checks, just get them to print "U2" on the to line for this order okay."

RobVox
Old 11-07-2004, 01:38 PM   #19
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RobVox
Sigh, mine too, now where is that checkbook...calls into other room "we are out of checks, just get them to print "U2" on the to line for this order okay."
RobVox
Good one. I actually like the idea that someone had a while ago. If they just gave me some wire instructions I could have my paycheck direct deposited into their account. It would just avoid an extra step.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #20
Acrobat

Damn, now that is a good idea!! Calls bank:

"Uh, yeah, I need a routing number for a Paul Hewson in Dublin Ireland..."

"You need what Sir?"

"Well I guess we could make this easier, try Paul McGuiness, that should take care of other issues as well..."

"Click, *hang up noise*."

"Uh, hello, hello..."