A BIT PANICKED: Prop from US to CANADA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drumkeeran

War Child
Upstate NY, USA - own personal Bono pleaser
And you got your tix from Prop OK???

I just sent an email to Terri @ Prop. I just don't want them to get my US money order for the amount based on today's exchange rate and disregard it. Especially, since it looks like they're trying to reduce processing hassle.

"US money orders for US shows, Canadian money orders for Canada shows"

Any thoughts????????

Yup - I got them just fine. As long as the money order is for the correct amount Canadian dollars, I don't think they care whether or not it came from an American account.

What's insane???????

If I go into a bank and ask for a money order (amount adjusted for the exchange rate) say $30 for a $45 ticket, I'm still going to get a US dollar money order. Hopefully, Terri @ Prop will clarify this for me.

Thanks for "listening to me".

[This message has been edited by drumkeeran (edited 09-20-2001).]

What's insane is that they won't give you a Canadian MO.

People in my family have used money orders many times, in Canada, and were able to get them in US funds (though they'd tack on an extra service charge). So I don't know why this bank is making this out to be so difficult.

Thanks for your sympathy. I think I'll try both the post office and my bank tomorrow. You'd think they'd have no problem since Rochester isn't that far from the border.

And, I'm certainly not going to waste my time trying to get through to Ticketmaster tomorrow. I'll count on Prop. I got decent GC tix for Buffalo last spring, but I don't have the money this time around. In fact, I know my husband doesn't really want me to go at all. Wait 'til I leave very early in the morning to wait in line.

Still waiting to hear back from Prop.

It's a dirty day......

Originally posted by drumkeeran:
What's insane???????

If I go into a bank and ask for a money order (amount adjusted for the exchange rate) say $30 for a $45 ticket, I'm still going to get a US dollar money order. Hopefully, Terri @ Prop will clarify this for me.

Thanks for "listening to me".

[This message has been edited by drumkeeran (edited 09-20-2001).]

Maybe your bank does differently, but you should be able to go into your bank, and ask for a money order in CAD, and they should be able to do it for you. I'm pretty sure that the Propaganda order form displays the price/ticket in Candadian dollars for the Canadian shows, so you should know how much the amount should be, all that isn't known is exactly how much USD that translates to.

I'm trying to calm down!!!!

The prop form i just received states that one must use a canadian money order to purchase tix for a canadian show. I need to get tix for the Hamilton ONT show but have called the post office and bank (3-5 business days w/ $25 charge) for a canadian draft and no luck. No luck with prop FAQs either. C'mon I'm brave enough to travel over the border!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I checked the archive just in case this was answered last leg, but i didn't find anything.

That's odd - I was able to get a money order in Canadian Dollars made out quite easily on the first leg. I just told them the amount in Canadian dollars, they looked up the current exchange rate, and made out the money order in Canadian dollars while subtracting the appropriate USD amount from my account. It all took about 10-15 minutes, but it definitely wasn't a hassle...

two banks, two post offices no help!!!!!!

even terri @ prop said I shouldn't have a problem

sobbing,,,,,,,,,,,i guess this just wasn't meant to be........

i emailed terri to ask if i would get tix if i sent in even the full amount in US dollars by US money order. hopefully that will work.

sob, sob, sob

of course I even tried ticket@#$)*$ with no luck.

good luck to everyone else.
i still have hope!!!!!!

POE

Okay I speak from experience on this one.
For the first leg of elevation I ordered both Seattle (tacoma) and Vancouver BC
Canada from Prop. I went to Thomas Cook currency exchange and purchased a money order from them using US fund/Credit card, its your choice. I received my Vancouver tix w/o a problem. I know personally of others that did NOT do this and did not receive the Vancouver tickets.
You can find a Currency exchange either at your closet airport, or check for airline ticket offices in your area, frequently they house a currency exchange in the building as well. Good luck!

Thanks to all (DIEMEN, anitram and beardog, and Terri from Prop) who helped me with my anxiety. I finally found a local bank that was able to issue me a Canadian Funds Draft. So my form is mailed and I hope our world situation stays stable enough for me to feel comfortable crossing the border.

WOOWHO!!! Phew!!!!!!!!
What's goin' on?? Nice video by the way.
POE

Back
Top Bottom