a bit of info on the new dvds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
you may know this information, as i havent been around here for a while, but just in case you haven't heard...

I work at hmv in dublin where I order dvds for our music dvd section, and I was speaking to a universal representative today. he confirmed that there will be two versions of the u2 vertigo dvd due this november, a standard, and a special edition that may have songs from other shows as well. although he couldnt remember for certain. there may be some stuff from one of the croke park shows.

i asked him about the other dvd release that had been rumored for this year, the one with zootv, popmart, etc, but he said thats no longer planned for this year. maybe 2006.

lastly, i noticed that Rattle & Hum has been discontinued on dvd, meaning it's no longer availble to sell in store once our stock has run out. normally this means a special edition version is due to be released, but unfortunately our system has no forthcoming information on this. still, i'd bet money on a special edition... at earliest, this would be january.

hope this sheds some light for you folks. :)

Thanks. Not that it's good news, but thanks anyway :)

... And now they may start thinking about Milan.

My guess is that if we're waiting for 2006 for the DVD set, it might come out time-wise with the U2 By U2 book...

And as for the withdrawal of RAH from DVD sales, maybe that doesn't mean a special edition on the way but instead means that it'll be in that boxed set...which would suck if it takes the place of something that people don't already have..

I never did buy the Rattle and Hum DVD, because I was holding out hope that they would someday release a special edition. I hope they do. My BETA recording from the Trio channel is starting to wear out.

About Rattle and Hum being discontinued, remember it's already slated to be an early release for the first round of the next-gen DVDs.

Dorian Gray said:
you may know this information, as i havent been around here for a while, but just in case you haven't heard...

...I asked him about the other dvd release that had been rumored for this year, the one with zootv, popmart, etc, but he said thats no longer planned for this year. maybe 2006.

:sad: :grumpy: :sad: :grumpy: :shocked:

I am SO sad.
I think I will get drunk tonight.

Thanks for the news Dorian_Gray :up:

Aww thats so sad that we'll have to wait until 2006 for zootv, I am getting more excited for the vertigo dvd in november though, I wish they would put out the one from Milan before the Chicago one!

Sue DeNym said:
When the heck are they going to release Best of 1980-1990 videos on DVD?!?! :scream:

YES!

with the super-mega deluxe version of the A Celebration video

and inclusion of the Gloria vid :up:

It would be AMAZING if they include some of the Croke Park footage.
Imagine songs like Gloria, Bad and Out of Control as extras... :drool:

What other shows did they record other thna Croke, Chicago, and Milan

didn't they do some stuff in Boston?

thanks for info.! :)

geez. pfffbbbt. another year to wait :sigh:
least the vertigo dvds will be out soon.................

LemonMacPhisto said:
with the super-mega deluxe version of the A Celebration video

and inclusion of the Gloria vid :up:

now that's something to look forward to :hyper:

But didn't they say the band and Willie Williams weren't happy with the footage from Milan? :confused:

i would be surprised... the band really belive in hamish's work ... and he'd already had a dummy run the night before plus would know a lot from chciago (and even the elevation shows)and if not surly they would take the film crew on sumwhere else?

maybe they will put fast cars on it from toronto :drool: they have so much they could put on dvd. i just wish they would hurrey up. popmart & zoo should have been done like 3 years ago!

maybe ZooTV and Popmart will be in that HD-DVD stuff like Rattle and Hum:hmm:

Popmartijn said:
I don't think they did. Where did you read that?

Some time ago, on this site. :shrug:

Was there any official confirmation we will get Milan DVD so far?

please

trash the chicago dvd.

record all the msg shows.

put crumbs, discotheque, the first time, and whatever new songs will played in ny on it.

give out the milan dvd and the msg dvd this christmas.

it's very simple.

I've really felt that there was a good chance that Red Rocks, R&H, Zoo TV and Popmart could all be released as a combined boxset. I'm sure it would probably he a heavy price, but it would be an excellent chronicle of live U2 - two examples from the 80s and two from the 90s. They could make a 5th disc out of extras and throw in a booklet and there you have it. :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
What other shows did they record other thna Croke, Chicago, and Milan

didn't they do some stuff in Boston?

They shot both Vancouver shows.

Back
Top Bottom