9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DignityPassesBy said:
I dont think you'll see mercy with these songs they just dont fit together

I wouldn't take that to the bank - after all, LAPOE and AMAAW are on the same album and they're quite dissimilar in style. So I wouldn't rule out Mercy yet (damn).

MrBrau1 said:
Why is this thread so small?

4 bits of new U2 songs and were only on page 6?

Previous beach clips blew this place up.

Maybe it's to do with the fact the hype machine wasn't really in motion? I mean, the previous beach clips came when the release of HTDAAB was looming on the horizon and we were desperately waiting to hear any sounds from the album. So when the clips came, we pounced all over them. At the moment, however, there was little hype, no-one really thought much was happening and I think these clips have come as quite an unexpected surprise.

MrBrau1 said:
Why is this thread so small?

4 bits of new U2 songs and were only on page 6?

Previous beach clips blew this place up.

I don't think people are checking the "Where the album has no name" pages daily yet, I sure didn't expect any recorded stuff like this 'til maybe winter.

Axver said:

Maybe it's to do with the fact the hype machine wasn't really in motion? I mean, the previous beach clips came when the release of HTDAAB was looming on the horizon and we were desperately waiting to hear any sounds from the album. So when the clips came, we pounced all over them. At the moment, however, there was little hype, no-one really thought much was happening and I think these clips have come as quite an unexpected surprise.

I agree - which makes this surprise so extraordinary (had to be said)

I wonder who produced these songs :hmm:

Just listened and I give it a solid :up:. Much better than I was expecting at this stage. I like the third song especially, and enjoyed the first one too.

So Zoofred and friend were teasing us with the longer clip? That's like dangling drugs in front of a junkie. :crack:

that sounded great (aside from the quality), i think these songs do show alot of promise though:up:

:hmm:This September single is seeming more likely now:hyper:

This exciting for me seeing as i missed out on the last beach clips:hyper:

DignityPassesBy said:
hey axver are you going to both sydney shows or which one if only one?

Not sure yet. At this stage, I'm 50/50 on going to Sydney. If a third show is announced, I will definitely be there for that.

DignityPassesBy said:
yea i'm waiting to see for the 3rd show and if it doesn't happen going to try and get tickets for the 2nd i didn't have the money when they first come out but hopefully i'll get them. Where are you staying in sydney

I'll be staying with a friend of mine - we'll either stay at the house of someone he knows in Sydney, or get a hotel. I'm leaving those plans up to him.

My problem is that this is during the exam period and I don't want to postpone exams unless it's absolutely necessary (I believe I can do it if I must). So I don't want to make a final decision until it's confirmed/denied that there will be a third show. I don't want to be away from Brisbane for too long.

nurse chrissi said:

I wonder who produced these songs :hmm:

Probably just recorded by the band and engineers.
When they hire a producer, they'll let it be known, at least sometime thereafter, then you can start to smell an album.

Based on these demos, not the quality of the music, but the perception I have about how unfinished they all are, I'd say they are still in the earliest phases, but it's just beach clips, they could be a lot further along than how it seems.

The good thing is generally, without a ridiculous fiasco happening, there is no reason at all why U2 can't finish an album in a year. So if that's the case, fall 2007 is looking pretty good, IMO.

Axver said:

Yep. You can just feel the potential oozing out of that one. As long as U2 don't bugger it up or produce the shit out of it, it could be a huge single, it just has that classic feeling about it and I find the melody really catchy.

Please, U2, please don't ruin this song. The promise here is great.

This made me laugh because it reminded me of something Brian Eno said in U2 at the end of the World:

"I like it, "but I'm afraid it will be a big hit. We must tamper with it somehow to prevent that."
:wink:

now back to getting all :hyper:

The first song is definitely the best, sounds a bit different from what they've been doing, I can definitely see promise in it, and it's more guitar-driven.

The other songs, I'm not too sure of at the minute.

:sad: <--- Tears of joy.

Oh my, it all sounds so good. I know this is not much to base a new album off of, but what I hear I really really like.

That third song especially is amazing! Gibby, you totally called it on that solo. Amazing amazing work from Edge. Never heard anything like it before, but definitely needs to be longer. Can't wait. And that chorus is huge, breathtaking. And Bono brought back the "Ohhh ohhh ohh ohhhh"s for that song! Gotta love it!

That's all I can say for now, before I explode. This is already better than all the Htdaab beach clips! Now all we need is that 18-minute cut of this recording! Muhahaha :drool: . I want to hear more of the first beach-clip song too! ..And out of my head, yeah oh yeah! Rock on! :rockon::bonodrum:

There could be a chance we here a few of these songs, completed, rather soon and have to wait a few years for the rest.

All Because of You and Electrical Storm came from the same session, two years apart on the releases though.

With the digital age and the succes of Itunes, and with U2's relationship with Apple, it could merely be one song, one digital download, one video, just enough to make the last several shows more interesting. Electrical Storm had a 'vehicle' to be delivered on, these days, you don't really need anything other than a digital recording.

U2DMfan said:

With the digital age and the succes of Itunes, and with U2's relationship with Apple, it could merely be one song, one digital download, one video, just enough to make the last several shows more interesting. Electrical Storm had a 'vehicle' to be delivered on, these days, you don't really need anything other than a digital recording.

Makes sense. :up:

I like what I'm hearing! I like the first song alot, and the second one sounds pretty good too (almost jazzy IMO).

I love the third song from what I hear, especially the guitar solo, and the chorus!!!

The ideas for these songs sound near finished to me. The structure and lyrics seem to be down pat, as does the instrumentation. They're also playing multiple songs in a row with no pause. Good signs. I'm hoping for a single before the tour continues (won't hold my breath though).

I'm hesitant to get too excited. When I heard the snippets of LAPOE and Miracle Drug I nearly shat my pants, but in the end was rather disappointed. I also didn't like COBL as much when I heard it on the album (although it's still very good).

Last edited:
Just wanted to post again saying how awesome the first song is after a repeat listen. By far the best of the lot! That guitar riff is unreal. Almost sounds like something from Sonic the Hedgehog. Yeah, I know that's weird, but that's what it reminded my off. :| Oh well, it's still killer! :drool:

U2DMfan said:
There could be a chance we here a few of these songs, completed, rather soon and have to wait a few years for the rest.

All Because of You and Electrical Storm came from the same session, two years apart on the releases though.

I tend to think that we'll probably see one maybe two songs released soon just in time for the remaining Vertigo Tour dates.

That could get them some air play on radio stations heading in the the rescheduled dates.

Great songs, perhaps not in the musical direction i was hoping for (although the first song is great). Where's the 18:30 recording already? Is there a revamped Mercy!? :drool:

:drool:

Thanks for this, recorder on the beach.

I've been hyping myself for another lite U2 album ever since I accepted that's where they are as a band. You can't expect them to go backwards in time. They've found their niche as 40 year old men and they are playing music as 40 year old men. You can't ask them for any more than that, really.
So I'll keep the 80's U2, definitely the 90's U2 and accept U2 now for what it's becoming, soft rock.
And honestly? I have no problem. There are plenty of bands to fill that "old U2 void" right now. :up:

Sounds great, especially that solo.
Not too hot on Clocks pt. 2. I think it's been done by Coldplay twice and they don't need the comparisons.

And omggggggggggg, the chord changes in song one are awesome. I'm in love. :up: :up: :up:

WHO'S EXCITED FOR THIS ALBUM?!

EDIT

Did anyone else notice the similarity between song one and HMTMKMKM in the guitar solo? :drool:

Last edited:
PlaTheGreat said:
:drool:

Thanks for this, recorder on the beach.

I've been hyping myself for another lite U2 album ever since I accepted that's where they are as a band. You can't expect them to go backwards in time. They've found their niche as 40 year old men and they are playing music as 40 year old men. You can't ask them for any more than that, really.
So I'll keep the 80's U2, definitely the 90's U2 and accept U2 now for what it's becoming, soft rock.
And honestly? I have no problem. There are plenty of bands to fill that "old U2 void" right now. :up:

Sounds great, especially that solo.
Not too hot on Clocks pt. 2. I think it's been done by Coldplay twice and they don't need the comparisons.

And omggggggggggg, the chord changes in song one are awesome. I'm in love. :up: :up: :up:

WHO'S EXCITED FOR THIS ALBUM?!

excited? I'm in love :love:

tomoprahexaltingay0.jpg

I'm trying my VERY HARDEST to look past ALL of the hype I have for new U2 stuff and I'm rather disappointed.

Essentially this is the same direction U2 has been going for the last 6 years. Nothing that sounds too experimental except maybe the inclusion of piano. It still sounds at least the quality of the last two albums, but it's not blowing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom