5 Great & 5 Bad U2 Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatDubh

Refugee
5 Bad U2 Moments

• 1. The white flag and mullet years: Oh dear.
  • 2. Adam's drug bust: Now what sort of example is that to set the young people of Ireland? It wasn't even a Class-A drug.
  • 3. The PopMart Tour: Climbing out of a giant lemon every night! It made magician David Copperfield look like an avant-garde act.
  • 4. The Negativland fiasco: In which a US band used a sample of a U2 recording and were chased around the law courts by a bunch of corporate lawyers. Not good.
  • 5. The price of a pint in the Clarence bar.

5 Great U2 Moments

• 1. Zoo TV Tour: It could have all gone very 'Spinal' but post-modernism saved the day.
  • 2. Live Aid: In front of the biggest ever TV audience, Bono went walkabout and lost the plot.
  • 3. The Boy album: Purists argue this is still their best work. A young band on-the-up captured in all their fresh-faced punky theatrical glory.
  • 4. The Passengers album: In which Eno and the Fab Four get all art-rocky and produce a grossly underrated album. Ambientastic.
  • 5. Paul Wonderful from the Joshua Trio (U2 'tribute' band) entering the Baggot Inn for a gig, sitting on top of a donkey.

Originally posted by CatDubh:
[*]3. The Boy album: Purists argue this is still their best work. A young band on-the-up captured in all their fresh-faced punky theatrical glory.

I've never heard anyone say that, where are these purists at?

[*]4. The Passengers album:...a grossly underrated album.

Not really.
tongue.gif

------------------
This post brought to you by: Ignorance "It never fails."

AIM: JuanSwallow

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 10-31-2001).]

• 5. Paul Wonderful entering the Baggot Inn for a gig, sitting on top of a donkey.

Wasn't that same donkey in the movie "Bachelor Party"?

------------------
The joker is the best card.

My 5 Bad U2 Moments
The over hyped and Americanisation of 'Rattle and Hum'

The fact that they are not touring the Elevation 'world' tour anywhere else other than Europe and North America

I was not old enough to see them live in my favourite era 'The unforgettable fire' tour...sob!!!!

and look at that I cant even think of 5- 3 will do
smile.gif

My 5 Great U2 Moments
Zoomerang Tour- sheer brilliance!!!

War album- sheer brilliance again!!!!

Beautiful Day- hearing U2, twenty years on, still kick arse.......

Only a few weeks ago hearing 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' on the radio in the car, and turning it way up and singing along to every word and beating out every drum sound- I love those moments
smile.gif

I still havnt found what I am looking for video clip- Bono at his sexiest best, breat song, great clip- oh to of been on the streets of Las Vegas that night
smile.gif

5 Bad U2 Moments

* Not coming to Australia this tour

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
5 Bad U2 Moments

YES!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

• 3. The PopMart Tour: Climbing out of a giant lemon every night! It made magician David Copperfield look like an avant-garde act.

• "Heresy!", cried the Interferencers. PopMart was awesome, based on what I've seen. How could you not appreciate four Irishmen popping out a giant mirrorball lemon?

------------------
      Change is the only constant

Originally posted by jezebel:
ok, fess up, catdubh, where did you get this list?????

I saw it in the Irish Times magazine the day of Slane
biggrin.gif

lots of other great U2 articles in that issue!

Yeah, that's why these lists rang a bell! That's the issue that maddie sent a bunch of us!

Back
Top Bottom