4th of July Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that album and that song is crucial in sustaining the album's ambient tendencies.

Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois are geniuses.

I even think their less is more production on ATYCLB is good as well.

MumblingBono said:
There is not a single song note that I would want to take away from that entire album.

In fact, I might start an Elvis Presley and America thread!

Threats and warnings be damned:madspit:

Album is absolutely genious. Not one bad song on it, well there's actually the song Bad on it but that's really good as is the whole album. I think the most underrated album in thier catalogue. I would be happy if U2 would play the whole album in it's entirety.

One of U2's greatest instrumentals, I can put that song on repeat and listen to it over and over again, I love it!

It fits nicely. It would have been amazing if it flowed directly in from Promenade (without even a track break).

MsMofoGone said:
It's rather eerie and mysterious ...

I agree.

It's spookily nostalgic for me. When I first (?) heard it in '95, I was instantly taken back to my childhood around the time the album was released. But I've no idea where I would have heard it back then. :eyebrow:

This reminds me....during a 3hr documentary on Live Aid the other nite here in the UK, whilst the narrator was telling us "On the morning of the day of the concert......." 4th of July was used as the background music.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom