The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
This song has new meaning now.

I'm actually unable to listen to my U2 records right now. It bothers me. Every lyric seems fake.

40 ...that probably means they'll be 40 million bucks richer at the end of the year.

"I will sing, sing a new song."

There is no question they have changed their tune ever since the 80s. Now, HTDAAB is clearly a new song.

Cheers,

J

Actually, I've just change my mind. U2 records are fine. People who think the U2.com presale guaranteed them GA tickes are shitheads.

So U2.com sending out misleading e-mails was nothing and I'm a shithead for thinking they might actually be telling the truth? And the I didn't get much chance at getting when my code was messed up. :rolleyes:

So many people here were so angry yesterday, and it's a little humorous to see how quickly many of those people are willing to write it off and shove their heads back up U2's ass.

Maybe a lot of people are just in some form of denial that their favorite band (and their various subsidiaries) fucked them over.:eyebrow:

Q - Will I get better seats than the general public?

A - U2.Com have secured some of the best available tickets for U2.Com Subscribers.

How is that misleading? You wanted GA? Well, it never guaranteed GA. All they guaranteed was access to tickets.

MrBrau1 said:
All they guaranteed was access to tickets. [/B]

So we were supposed to be guaranteed a chance....hmmm did my code work? No. Same with thousands of others--Which is why many many people are pissed. They weren't given this guaranteed chance.

Last edited:
I have often asked the question:

"Are U2 fans fucking stupid?".

I'm starting to think perhaps the more valid question should be:

"Are U2 fans literate?"

There are a number of issues that require addressing by U2.com eg How did the scalpers get their mitts on so many tickets? Why did some of the passwords fail? etc

BUT the issue of not everybody obtaining GA tickets is nonsense. It was never going to happen. U2. com financial members, to which I am one, were not promised GA tickets. Please read the FAQs.

peace

ImOuttaControl said:

We were supposed to be guaranteed a chance....hmmm did my code work? No, same with thousands of others--Which is why many many people are pissed. They weren't given this guaranteed chance.

Then you got a right to bitch, and get your money back. Problem is, many of your peers are crying because they didn't get FRONT ROW SEATS!

beli said:

BUT the issue of not everybody obtaining GA tickets is nonsense. It was never going to happen. U2. com financial members, to which I am one, were not promised GA tickets. Please read the FAQs.

peace

We were supposed to be "guaranteed a chance at some of the best seats."

Once my code began to work after about 12 hours after the presale started, the only thing that was left was the upper level behind the stage and upper level off to the side. Both nosebleed sections-- both $200 for 2 tickets.

I don't know why people keep pretending there is no problem with this...U2's most loyal fans pay $40 to get priority seats, then are stuck with overpriced nosebleeds? If you think this is a good way to treat the most loyal fans, then I suggest taking off the rose colored glasses. I'm not saying the entire GA should have been made available, just some actually decent seats.

Your code failed, you were screwed, you had no chance of a decent seat. You have every right to lodge a complaint with Fanfire, Ticketmaster, and/or U2.com.

PS Have you lodged a complaint?

ImOuttaControl said:

We were supposed to be "guaranteed a chance at some of the best seats."

Once my code began to work after about 12 hours after the presale started, the only thing that was left was the upper level behind the stage and upper level off to the side. Both nosebleed sections-- both $200 for 2 tickets.

I don't know why people keep pretending there is no problem with this...U2's most loyal fans pay $40 to get priority seats, then are stuck with overpriced nosebleeds? If you think this is a good way to treat the most loyal fans, then I suggest taking off the rose colored glasses. I'm not saying the entire GA should have been made available, just some actually decent seats.

Read this:

A - U2.Com have secured some of the best available tickets for U2.Com Subscribers.

Where does it say you'll get GA seats? Where? If you can show me where, I'll send you $1,000,000.
You did get priority. Tickets are on sale right now to U2.com members. They go on general sale Saturday.

MrBrau1 said:

Read this:

Where does it say you'll get GA seats? Where? If you can show me where, I'll send you $1,000,000.
You did get priority. Tickets are on sale right now to U2.com members. They go on general sale Saturday.

Seriously, do you just read the parts you want to read? I never once mentioned that I said I'd get GA tickets. Tell me where I said I thought I was guaranteed GA tickets, and I'll send you $1,000,000. :madspit:

"the best available tickets"

I DO NOT consider nosebleeds to be some of the best available tickets. Period. That is where I feel I was mislead. "Guaranteed a chance for some of the best available tickets."

beli said:
Your code failed, you were screwed, you had no chance of a decent seat. You have every right to lodge a complaint with Fanfire, Ticketmaster, and/or U2.com.

PS Have you lodged a complaint?

Yeah. If my code still works for the next leg, then I'm satisfied...I haven't heard a response from U2.com yet on whether or not it would still work.

ImOuttaControl said:

Seriously, do you just read the parts you want to read? I never once mentioned that I said I'd get GA tickets. Tell me where I said I thought I was guaranteed GA tickets, and I'll send you $1,000,000. :madspit:

"the best available tickets"

I DO NOT consider nosebleeds to be some of the best available tickets. Period. That is where I feel I was mislead. "Guaranteed a chance for some of the best available tickets."

Sorry. 90% of the whiners here are pissed they didn't get GA. I owe you $1,000,000. Don't wait up for it.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

Sorry. 90% of the whiners here are pissed they didn't get GA.

Not me actually. I wanted some good seats in the lower level, preferably somewhere near the stage. Why? I live about 8 hours from Chicago and I know there will be a long line for decent GA placement. I'd rather have rolled in at about 7 or so and taken a seat, had a few beers and relaxed....but I certianly don't want to make that far of a drive for crappy seats.

ImOuttaControl said:

Not me actually. I wanted some good seats in the lower level, preferably somewhere near the stage. Why? I live about 8 hours from Chicago and I know there will be a long line for decent GA placement. I'd rather have rolled in at about 7 or so and taken a seat, had a few beers and relaxed....but I certianly don't want to make that far of a drive for crappy seats.

Have you called TM? Some people have gotten results from it. Or Principle Mgmt?

The presale did fall apart. TM, yeck.

Sicy said:
Why do every single one of your threads end up in the same argument?

because MrBrau1 is being such an asshole. he's backing up the people (u2, u2.com, fanfire, TM, or whoever) who did something wrong. the bottom line is the fans were screwed. and they have the right to complain.

Many people think they were guaranteed GA seats.

This is probably because they were guaranteed them last tour through prop. I know I got GA's last tour because of Prop. It was such a simple procedure and everyone was happy. People have a right to be mad this time. Especially former Prop fans. They never sent me my god dammed letter and code and I had to end up paying $40 to u2.com and what did I get? $160 seats on the opposite side of the stage. Maybe if they were a bit more clear about what we were getting people wouldnt be as mad.

I would like it if we could not turn every thread into the same argument? There are so many threads on this topic already, including yours in the tour forum.

Back
Top Bottom