4 years soooo worth the wait but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm hoping they do another Zooropa, though that's highly unlikely.

Hm. Zooropa was good, but I think it belongs strictly to the colourful 90's. I think that now is the time when the world needs good ol hardcore rock anthems more than ever.

What I meant is in terms of the production - creating an album in the middle of the tour that is more an extension of the current themes than a new musical direction (i.e. JT --> RAH as opposed than War --> UF). I think that would be absolutely awesome, especially if it rocked something fierce. That would show the world a thing or two about the age required to make good music.

U2 getting older means that they may feel the pressure to release abums quicker before its too late...I really think a live-sounding, raw rock album would be good to put out during the tour.

Keep in mind that they had a complete album ready to ship a year ago... we have proof of that in the digital box set. They decided it was good, but not great, and made the risky move of reworking the entire album. Had that not happened, we wouldn't have waited 4 years. I doubt that will happen again, so I can't imagine another 4 year wait before the next album.

After hearing and reading all of the recent interviews, I am 100% sure there will be at least one more album. Honestly though, it sounds like they don't want to limit themselves to just one... we'll see. They certainly have more energy these days then I can remember in the past few years. Despite the negativity about U2's future around here, I don't think they're near done yet.

Yeah, I mean you don't say "this is our first album" and then only release one more after it..I'd say we are good for at least another 2 U2 albums...and your point about them having the album ready a year earlier is a good one, I don't think they will take so long in the future for a variety of reasons.

I'd like to see them throw an album together on tour with the feel of Native Son/Xanax and Wine type stuff. They could even give it a long name too:

How to Make Punk Rock from the Planet Venus While Going from City to City on an Outrageously Expensive Tour

That title would fit in with the last two.

seeing that they're going to the trouble to build a new studio, i'm thinking they're planning on getting some good use out of the new facilities. why would they go to the trouble and expense if they were really finished?

Definitely. I wish they would put together an EP or something in a few months time where they weren't so worried about it sounding 100% perfect. A nice raw sounding album would be awesome, and would probably bring back some of that "magic" from the early days.

Sadly, I'm not sure that will happen... every move of U2 seems calculated. I don't blame them, as they can't risk hurting their reputation. It sure would be cool though.

dandy said:
seeing that they're going to the trouble to build a new studio, i'm thinking they're planning on getting some good use out of the new facilities. why would they go to the trouble and expense if they were really finished?

Excellent point :up: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom