4 Weeks To Go....!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
How excited is everyone, and what song are you most looking forward to hearing? (I know we only have little clips and song titles to go by!)

COBL has just GOT to sound good on the album. I just know it.
Original Of The Species has got such a good name, there's no way it cant be good!
Also One Step Closer's reviews have been pretty good too, 'Lighters in the air' moment on the next tour the NME said.

I remember when ATYCLB came out. I was in London for the weekend, and just happened to go into WH Smiths for a browse in one of the shopping centres...and there it was...on the shelf!! This was the Sunday before the Monday release day!! I couldnt believe it! I took it to the counter, thinking they were gonna realise and not let me have it, but they didnt. And I said to them afterwards, "You know this doesnt go on sale til tomorrow, and if I went out in the street and shouted it out, you'd have a mass load of people in here clearing the shelf"! He said he had no idea and was just told to put them out.
However, I still couldnt listen to it, as we didnt have a cd player in the car on the drive back. So I just sat and learned the words to each song, like you do!

Anyway, I own a music store now, and im really trying to get hold of the album at least a couple of days before release. Wish me luck!

Ive just realised I seem to have strayed slightly from what this thread was about! But please feel free to reply still!:wink:

I think I probably will skip to the ones I've heard first. Save the surprises. I think I'll be able to get a good handle on how great the album is by first listening to the studio versions of what I've heard, all the while getting jumpier for stuff I haven't heard, then work the those ones. That night I'm going to get very drunk on red wine (and perhaps a little smoke) and listen to it over and over and over from start to finish.

Ive promised my girlfriend that ill go to watch the new Bridget Jones film (2days before U2 album), if she stays in with me on the Monday and repeatedly listen to the album. (Which sadly for her, means missing Eastenders):wink:

I'm not sure how much more of this wait that I can handle.

Aardvark747 said:
Ive promised my girlfriend that ill go to watch the new Bridget Jones film (2days before U2 album), if she stays in with me on the Monday and repeatedly listen to the album. (Which sadly for her, means missing Eastenders):wink:

Bridget jones film?....oh you poor soul

I hope you play that album ad nauseum to make up for that

Back
Top Bottom