4 New U2 songs on CSI +SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Homerpalooza said:

There was a show on CBS in the late '70s/early '80s called WKRP in Cincinnati, about -- obviously -- a Cincinatti radio station. I'm having trouble finding information on this, but there was a definite U2 connection on that show; either one of the DJs played "I Will Follow" in one of the episodes, or they had a poster hanging in the studio, or something. Can anyone clarify?

I can answer this coincidentally enough, because of a radio promo I heard this morning for 96.5 K-ROCK in Seattle.
It featured listeners praising the station because it plays their favorite bands. One girl said, "U2--I remember that the Boy poster was on the wall of the radio station in WKRP in Cincinatti and I thought that was so cool."

It's weird though. I watched the show when I was a kid and I've been a U2 fan since 1983 but I don't remember the poster.
Hmmm...

p.s.- Does anyone remember if it was the REAL Boy cover or the sanitized band shot??

I rememeber seeing them on SNL, I recorded it, and wathced it about 50 times everyday trying to show it off to my family, and my freinds, to show how cool U2 is. That was fricken sweet. Bono did the same thing on Letterman show- hes the man

I don't remember the U2 poster or "I Will Follow" on WKRP either, and I watched that show all time time when I was a kid (before I knew who U2 were). I think it's cool that WKRP did a shout-out to them because it was such a great show! I remember they always had good music on it too - even the theme songs (the opening and the closing one) were great!

tkramer said:

YES!!! It needs to be stuck in M&M's cranial unit.
They find him dead in the south of france.

Edge in the interigation room: "You can't proove nothing!"
French police: "Hell, we were going to you a gun, you wasted a bitchin' disc on that punk!"

:laugh: that's classic dude. I've never seen CSI in my life but I can already see it now...

Police: So, are you saying that you put the CD INTO the CD player, and then forgot to -

Bono: - hit eject, yeah, that's what happened, then when we checked again it was gone, just like that, I mean, Edge had just sort of forgotten -

Police: I was addressing Mr. The E... er, Mr. Evans.

Bono: Oh, sorry, I just thought I'd, you know, clarify things a bit, I mean, just so y -

Police: Mr. Hewson, please keep your mouth shut until you are spoken to.

Bono: Sure thing, I'm terribly sorry, didn't mean to interrupt, hopefully though now you can understand what -

Police: Mr. Hewson I'm afraid you're going to have to come with me, we need to...talk.

Bono: Alright, if you say so, sounds great, if you haven't noticed I like to talk a lot.

*que ABOY "...I like the sound of my own voice..."*

there's your new song for the first ep :rolleyes: To be continued :D

really though, I'll have to make sure I catch it somehow... and SNL YAY!!! I'll see that at any cost.

Great news - I'll be watching! It would be cool if they could work in some visual refs on the CSI segments too.

wow im excited about saturday night live, probs vertigo and one other track will b playd (every single band ive ever seen perform on snl has alwase playd 2 songs)

Re: Re: Re: 4 New U2 songs on CSI +SNL

discothequeLP said:

yes, that was probably the best SNL performance ever. all the other bands just sit on their asses on the stange and don't do anything, but Bono is the man!! getting off the stage and into the crowd takes some balls too, i can tell you from first-had experience, but if you do it as well as Bono does it's the best ever.

Yes - as U2 themselves admit they often look very awkward playing on a TV set. I think this is why they wenty outside for Top of The Pops - there Bono could move around easily and, most importantly, get with the audience. That's what I loved about their last SNL appearance - not just sticking to the stage and about their Brit Awards appearance in 2001 where Bono walked all through the crowd as he sang.

Did you see the performance on Farm Club during the ATYCLB promo tour. They were stuck in the studio and at first looked very uncomfortable. At the end of the show they played Bad and it just took off - a great performance which starts with Bono sort of hiding behind his arm in front of his eyes when he sings before, half way through, he says "more soul" and reaches into himself to deliver a few "the goal is soul"s - the only time I've seen this as part of Bad.

If you didn't see it I've got it here and can email it to someone if they can post it.:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: 4 New U2 songs on CSI +SNL

paulrg said:

Yes - as U2 themselves admit they often look very awkward playing on a TV set. I think this is why they wenty outside for Top of The Pops - there Bono could move around easily and, most importantly, get with the audience. That's what I loved about their last SNL appearance - not just sticking to the stage and about their Brit Awards appearance in 2001 where Bono walked all through the crowd as he sang.

Did you see the performance on Farm Club during the ATYCLB promo tour. They were stuck in the studio and at first looked very uncomfortable. At the end of the show they played Bad and it just took off - a great performance which starts with Bono sort of hiding behind his arm in front of his eyes when he sings before, half way through, he says "more soul" and reaches into himself to deliver a few "the goal is soul"s - the only time I've seen this as part of Bad.

If you didn't see it I've got it here and can email it to someone if they can post it.:)

could ya send it 2 me please? quadcaster@hotmail.com

thanks alot man :D

how big is it and wats the setlist?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4 New U2 songs on CSI +SNL

quadcaster said:

could ya send it 2 me please? quadcaster@hotmail.com

thanks alot man :D

how big is it and wats the setlist?

Yeah - I should have said - Bad is 16.9 Mb! I have the show split into 5 .asf (Windows Media) video files

01 Elevation 12.0 Mb
02 Stuck In a Moment 10.6 Mb
03 New York 13.7 Mb
04 Beautiful Day 11.4 Mb
05 Bad 16.9 Mb

i.e. it is too big to email really. I think its cool how they added Bad to the end of the setlist - there they were playing a 16 or 17 year old song (albeit masterpiece!) to a bunch of kids who really seemed to like it.

Yousendit seems to be working well for us at interference as a way of filesharing so here is a link to Bad

s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=6F1F8A030F90B7D7A357C7C5C1E044BD

It was amazing, thanks heaps for putting it up.

It was funny at the end, it looked like bono wanted to finish off the song with Ruby Tuesday as he kept walking up to the mic and about to start singing at the right point but then just smile and walk away

OK - sorry if we're getting a bit off topic here! Here are the rest of the Farmclub videos...

Elevation http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=EF5EA0061359547CD1D4634DC629800C

Stuck In A Moment http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=405B38CF5446E7109774277D074164A1

New York http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1582273649268A3B702B6D67D3940C90

Beautiful Day http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=EB9A8C10EAD745A1AA6121622A026BB9

I'll post more stuff in the MP3 section (http://forum.interference.com/f192.html) over the next few days.

i can't wait to hear Bono tell larry on SNL: "Larry, I need more cowbell. Really explore the space. I got a fever"...well you all know the rest.:wink:

Well this is good, I watch CSI already so I won't have to remember to watch...

Well, if it were the Miama or NY ones I would, I can't ever remember to watch those

artdirector said:
I have the Vanity Fair issue with U2. Excellent review.

Tell us more. Is this another new review or has the Vanity Fair review already been published on this site?

Back
Top Bottom