3rd leg WILL go on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2please

Babyface
It looks like the 3rd leg will in fact go on in North America after some doubt that U2 would cancel it. Tickets to the Philadelphia will go on sale on 9/22 instead of tomorrow-- the first official rescheduling of an on-sale date. I'm sure we will see very emotional shows this time around...

Where did you get that info? I don't see an update on U2.com so I'm just wondering.
smile.gif

------------------
We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of the earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I hope you're right.

I have had this bad feeling that logistically it will be hard for them to return given the new airline restrictions. I'm just not sure how easy it to get Elevation Air back in the U.S. in the next couple of weeks.

But, like I said before, I hope you're right because now more than ever I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Since Elevation Air is their own private plane and they personally know everyone who is supposed to be aboard, they will not have the problems the airlines have where anyone in the world could be on the plane as long as they bought a ticket. If a hijacker got on the Elevation Air, he would be recognized and ejected immediately. The members of U2 probably have better security than any airport in the world!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

The fact that Elevation Air is a private plane is exactly my worry. They have to gain approval to enter the U.S.; being a private plane and Non-US I think they might have a harder time the way thing are now. And we're talking a few weeks.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
The fact that Elevation Air is a private plane is exactly my worry. They have to gain approval to enter the U.S.; being a private plane and Non-US I think they might have a harder time the way thing are now. And we're talking a few weeks.

Elevation Air in both the U.S. and Europe were two different planes. They lease the plane in each continent, so there will be no concerns about U2's private plane entering the U.S. as it is not U2's plane and they will not be travelling to the U.S. from Ireland in it, they will lease a plane here just like they did last time. I also doubt they will fly in and out of large commercial airports. Last time in So Cal they flew in and out of the Van Nuys airport, which is small and mostly a municipal airport. U2's people are very clever and organized, if the show is on, believe me, nearly nothing will hinder it.

[This message has been edited by U2LA (edited 09-14-2001).]

Yeah, but they also have a large number of crew members that they book on normal US flights. Granted, they have the whole plane so it would be useless for hijackers to try and get on the plane and then not draw suspicious but whatever. If you think these terrorists are only going to go after planes, you're wrong.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom