3rd Leg Dates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
just got this off youtwo.net.. bummer, no return to Phoenix. But Vegas, here I come!

U2 are returning to North America to complete their most successful tour, and what is expected to be the #2 highest
grossing tour of all time.

YouTwo.net staff have learned precise dates of the tour and that the plans are to add additional dates in the cities marked with *'s below.

Onsale dates are expected to be within the next few weeks.

U2 Elevation Tour 2001 Schedule

October
-------

10/10 Notre Dame
12/10 Montreal
13/10 Hamilton
15/10 Chicago *
19/10 Baltimore
24/10 New York *
30/10 Providence *

November
--------

02/11 Philadelphia
05/11 Austin
07/11 Denver
09/11 Salt Lake City
12/11 Los Angeles *
15/11 Oakland *
18/11 Las Vegas
19/11 Los Angeles

Using the venue schedules for Chicago, Los Angeles and NYC, I've filled in a few more dates. I can't really pin down the additional dates for NYC as the Knicks have pre-season games at the Garden on 10/23 and 10/25. It doesn't make sense that U2 would have to take down the stage right after their show on the 24th, then set everything back up again after the Knicks game. Unless they're actually playing at Continental Airlines Arena in NJ. I have a feeling that'll be the case as that venue is free for use on the 24th and 25th.

October
-------

10/10 Notre Dame
12/10 Montreal
13/10 Hamilton
15/10 Chicago
16/10 Chicago
19/10 Baltimore
24/10 New York *
30/10 Providence *

November
--------

02/11 Philadelphia
05/11 Austin
07/11 Denver
09/11 Salt Lake City
12/11 Los Angeles
13/11 Los Angeles
15/11 Oakland
16/11 Oakland
18/11 Las Vegas
19/11 Los Angeles

What doesn't make sense to me in this schedule is they having U2 playing in Vegas on 11/18, then the final show in L.A. the following night. That's lousy scheduling in my opinion! It'd be nice to hang out in Vegas and party after the concert there. But if I'm planning on seeing the L.A. show the following night and want to get inside the heart, I'd have to fly or drive to L.A. right after the Vegas show. I hope that part of the schedule is wrong!!

Must say these dates are disapointing after the mentions of a Nashville show being an almost sure thing. Entire southeast is left out in the cold pretty much. Oh well, maybe I can get enough time off to make a long drive, but doubt it...

YAY! This is my 500th post, and today's my 4th wedding anniversary, just got home and read the news, that U2 WILL
biggrin.gif
BE IN CALIFORNIA during my week off!!!
WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!:
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I have 11/12 to 11/19 off, and it was the ONLY week my work could give me OFF, so therefore if this is true, I will be there!
biggrin.gif

YAY! I am so damn excited right now, I just don't know what to do with myself!!!
biggrin.gif

U2ITNOL, did you check the Gardens dates prior to 10-24-01? Maybe they will schedule them between Baltimore and that date as there is a 4 day gap there or maybe another city will be added in that time frame. You are probebly right though that the other 2 shows will be in NJ. As I stated on the other tour thread I know this is the time frame that the Gaylord Center in Nashville was negotiating for a show. May not happen but there is hope. They may also just be taking a break in NY during that time frame also.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 08-30-2001).]

why the heck are both LA shows on monday nights?! i have class monday nights. they must not have gotten my memo...

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

BlueRoom,
The NY Rangers have a home game at the Garden on the 22nd, and the Knicks have a game there on the 23rd.

Damn. Looks like multiple shows will be very very tough to pull off. Oh well I guess I can be happy with Hamilton.. maybe.

Just to follow up on the NYC schedule, I doubt they'll have any shows at Madison Square Garden. Here's the MSG event schedule..
10/22 - Rangers
10/23 - Knicks
10/24 - open
10/25 - Knicks
10/26 - Richard Nader's Rock n' Roll Revival
10/27 - 10/28 - Original NYC Pet Show
10/29 - Rangers

Hey, so when do tickets go on sale?

smile.gif

------------------
"Lookin for baby Jesus under the trash..."

Can you imagine how hard it is for three legged people to get dates?

Congratulations on getting 25!

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 08-31-2001).]

This just is not fair, and it is only at times like this that I begin to dislike U2- it just is not fair that some people get to see them twice when others have not even been luck to see them once- why do they do this?????????

................................................................................
frown.gif
'

No Nashville!
frown.gif

I will wait until Sept 11. I have seen so many different sets of rumors, we will just wait to see.

I'm gonna go call my friend at Gaylord and see if they can find out anything for me.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

It is not a stadium tour I can guarantee you that. The Chicago shows will be at the United Center and the Notre Dame show is at the Joyce Center both arenas.

NOT good.

How am I going to make it back from Montreal to Hamilton in time to get into the GA lineup?? That's like a 7 hour drive.

Crappola. Have to go check out the train schedules.

Something about these dates and cities doesn't seem right...they're leaving out the entire Northwest and Southeast? To me, that just doesn't make sense...they're ignoring huge sections of the country! I'm not sure how much I believe all this......

What about Tulsa or Oklahoma City? It's not like it's too hard to book these arenas! If this IS the tour schedule then I am disappointed to only see 14 cities or 6 regions represented. Austin is the closest for me, but that still an 8 hour drive. Maybe I should move to the crime capitals of the nation (L.A., New York, Salt Lake City (just kidding)) and then maybe U2 will come through...

Urrrghhhh!

I wouldn't say that ALL hope is lost for Kansas City, St. Louis, Nashville etc...

They have said 25 dates would be added, and even if you add in multi night stands on the east and west coasts you still gotta believe there will be more dates to come...

Am I off in thinking this?

I agree, there are some very large geographic areas not represented. Damn. No southeast dates is crazy. No St. Louis or KC sucks too.

They could make a lot of people happy if they add only four dates.

1. St Louis or KC
2. Nashville
3. Tampa or Orlando
4. New Orleans

Being from Tampa, the closet show is probably Austin or Indiana, that something like 16 to 20 hours away. Damn.

Even adding two of these four would do the trick for me. Fingers crossed.

------------------
Your love was like a light bulb..hanging over my bed.

Originally posted by TripThruUreWires:
Ah, it's so nice to live in the Philly/NY area...you never miss a thing!
tongue.gif

You don't have to rub it in.....
wink.gif

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----

Zoocoustic, I would believe it. U2 thinks they have met most of the market demand in the Northwest as they played 3 shows in that region and two had a tough time selling out. So that would be my guess as to why they are not going there.

As far as the southeast. They have never really had much of a market there other than maybe Atlanta. Look at shows in those areas on The Outside Broadcast and Popmart. Columbia, SC 1992(lowest attendence of that leg), Memphis Popmart 1/2 empty, Clemson Popmart 2/3's empty, Tampa Popmart 2/3's empty, Jacksonville 1/2 empty, New Orleans 1/2 empty.

The southeast has had some of the weakest ticket sales on most of their tours. I wouldnt give up on Nashville, St Louis or KC just yet. I think a show will be scheduled in at least one of those cities. Otherwise this schedule is accurate, trust me.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 08-31-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom