30 years of U2! ..right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*sofia*

Refugee
If I am not mistaken, 2006 is a big year for U2. :) In 1976, in october (correct that if it's wrong), "Feedback" was formed (also featured Dik Evans who didn't stay for long) in Larry's kitchen! It still counts as the forming of U2 because everyone was there, right? Even though they changed the name to U2 in 1978.

And does someone know the exact date of the first rehearsal? It would be nice to mark this into the calendar. :wink:

I was 13 also!!! It's kind of encouraging that there are people on this board that are over 20!!!! Bono's Doll, you are cool & we are better because you are one of us!

My mother was 13 at that time. :p
And I would've been -13.... That's a record! :dance:

Isn't U2 the only group that has existed in 30 years without anyone leaving or anyone joining in?

Last edited:
*sofia* said:
If I am not mistaken, 2006 is a big year for U2. :) In 1976, in october (correct that if it's wrong), "Feedback" was formed (also featured Dik Evans who didn't stay for long) in Larry's kitchen! It still counts as the forming of U2 because everyone was there, right? Even though they changed the name to U2 in 1978.

And does someone know the exact date of the first rehearsal? It would be nice to mark this into the calendar. :wink:

The exact date that the band first all met each other in Larry's parents kitchen was on Saturday, September 25, 1976.

Popmartijn said:
I believe the exact date of the first rehearsal was 29 September 1976.

!!!

It was actually Saturday, September 25, 1976.

Now if someone just had what time of day it was.:wink:

STING2 said:

It was actually Saturday, September 25, 1976.

Now if someone just had what time of day it was.:wink:

It was 1 PM, and they had egg salad sandwiches with tea and chocolate cookies.:yes:

Re: Re: 30 years of U2! ..right?

STING2 said:
The exact date that the band first all met each other in Larry's parents kitchen was on Saturday, September 25, 1976.
That's my birthdate, but not birth year.

biff said:

It was 1 PM, and they had egg salad sandwiches with tea and chocolate cookies.:yes:

hmmm, and what time was it when the neighborhood girls launched their assault on the Mullen house to abduct Larry only to be driven back by Larry with a garden hose?

Believe it or not, this really happened that day.

I think I have the record....

Not only was I -11...

my mom was only 9 and my dad was only 11

BEAT THAT !

:wink:

P.S. I know i wasn't the negative youngest, but I believe mixed with my parents that's what sets the record

;)

Back
Top Bottom