30 years ago today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
....Paul Hewson, Dave Evans, Dick Evans, Adam Clayton, Peter Martin and Ivan McCormick met for the first time at Larry Mullens parents house on 60 Rosemount Avenue Dublin. They discussed music and attempted to play a few songs in the Kitchen which attracted a group of female admirers from the houses nearby. When they refused to leave, they are hosed away by an irate Larry. The date was September 25, 1976.

oh my god...couple that with the performance tonight...30 years of unbelievable memories...heres to more long happy years!!!!! :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge:

I thought this anniversary was in October!

WOW! WHAT A DAY! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Brilliant. This is like a birthday for me or something...:drool:

u2wildhoney said:
HAPPY, HAPPY and JOYFUL 30th BIRTHDAY to the BEST BAND of the WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!
:))

But, to tell the truth, I'm not sure they count their "Birthday" from this date (25th September 1976)...:)))

wait i'm really doubting something...when they were on Conan they said that it was THAT week that they were celebrating their anniversary...and that was filmed October 6th last year

europop2005 said:
wait i'm really doubting something...when they were on Conan they said that it was THAT week that they were celebrating their anniversary...and that was filmed October 6th last year

when they were on Conan, BONO said it was THAT week...

you get my point? :wink:

Bono can't even remember the lyrics to some of most popular songs he's written, we can't expect him to remember what day he strolled into the Mullen kitchen, 30 years ago. Bless his heart :lol:

banghead.gif

europop2005 said:

Well, on the bootleg of Milwaukee from this date last year Bono goes on about how its the day of the anniversary of meeting in Larry's kitchen. Its a bad quality bootleg but listen to The Ocean, he puts it in the lyrics. :shrug:

U2 - it was an idea that stayed brilliant!!! Here is to 30!!

guinness.jpg

Smilla wots a ktchen party ?
Maybe Bono might mention something about being 30 years or something.

Happy birthday u2
:bow:

STING2 said:
....Paul Hewson, Dave Evans, Dick Evans, Adam Clayton, Peter Martin and Ivan McCormick met for the first time at Larry Mullens parents house on 60 Rosemount Avenue Dublin. They discussed music and attempted to play a few songs in the Kitchen which attracted a group of female admirers from the houses nearby. When they refused to leave, they are hosed away by an irate Larry. The date was September 25, 1976.

I turned 4 years old on that date. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom