30 Sec Clips of NLOTH!!!! DISCUSSION ONLY (Do not post download links!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this album sounds like it's going to be Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa had a baby. :drool:

We are well past time for someone complaining about Mercy not sounding like its here. :angry: Slackers!

I think the thing that people wanted from Mercy is what they'll get with Magnificent, Bono's voice is just so much better.

just clips, so really hard to get a feel but:

stand up comedy made me cringe.

i still think breathe will be the best song on the album.

everything else sounds very intriguing and exciting.

Yeah I can't say Stand Up Comedy exactly bowled me over :wink: As others have said, I was expecting a raunchy, fuzzy, Zeppelin-esque riff but the song sounds mellow and mainstream, kinda "Crumbs From Your Table"-ish, in a vague way. I can't wait to hear those first 5 tracks, though. Wow. Once again, it looks like U2 is front-loading the album with the "big" songs and then the slower, experimental, "growers" come at the end.

FEZ-Being Born I am most excited to hear the rest of. That really has gotten more interest more than the other tracks.

I had my worries about the album after hearing GOYB, but, judging from the clips, the only song that doesn't do anything for me is "I'll Go Crazy".

Just on first (well, 4th) impression, I can hear a pretty snazzy slow part of SBS ---> Cedars of Lebanon transition live.

I can hear the mixing seems a lot better then Bomb or ATYCLB, which is nice.

No line doesnt sound punk to me at all. Magnificent is just straight up U2 UF era. I NEED to hear some vocals on MOS. Like, NOW.

Yeah I can't say Stand Up Comedy exactly bowled me over :wink: As others have said, I was expecting a raunchy, fuzzy, Zeppelin-esque riff but the song sounds mellow and mainstream, kinda "Crumbs From Your Table"-ish, in a vague way. I can't wait to hear those first 5 tracks, though. Wow. Once again, it looks like U2 is front-loading the album with the "big" songs and then the slower, experimental, "growers" come at the end.

yeah def. i was really looking forward to that song, but based on the clip the song sounds like typical cookie-cutter U2 rather than Zep. :yuck:

I think all the tracks sound good from what we can hear....shouldnt be long till somebody has the full songs :)

I think Wal-Mart had to have put these up by accident...they're available only on the mp3 page, not the album page in the music store. Album clips usually aren't up a month in advance.....

White As Snow

Its like something from the Joshua tree mixed with achtung baby and Van Diemans land.So great! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

30 Sec Clips of NLOTH!!!!

Its like something from the Joshua tree mixed with achtung baby and Van Diemans land.So great! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

can definitely hear the added cello? synthesizers on breathe. on the beach clips...edge's guitar was much more pronounced.

No line doesnt sound punk to me at all. Magnificent is just straight up U2 UF era. I NEED to hear some vocals on MOS. Like, NOW.

I think the MOS clip is probably from about the 0:20 - 0:50 section of the song, no? It sounds like the song starts with some swooshy ambient noises, and then the breakdown that starts the beginning of the clip is next? :hmm: Hard to know for sure I guess. Just seems that way though.

Man, what an album this is shaping up to be...

:drool:

I think Wal-Mart had to have put these up by accident...they're available only on the mp3 page, not the album page in the music store. Album clips usually aren't up a month in advance.....

Probably... but what the hell... at this point, it doesn't matter to me how they leaked. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom