3 Things I Hope The New Single Will Have

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
1) A super cool loop! (like in Bad, WOWY, One Tree Hill, New York)

2) A super cool Edge! (like in The Fly, BTBS, One Tree Hill, Sunday Bloody Sunday)

3) A super cool title! (like Full Metal Jacket)

2/3 would be great! (especially 1 and 2)

(ok, the keys for my parentheses just flew off)

(oops, i mean)

[ok, the keys for my parentheses just flew off]

a peppy driving tune

lyrics that make me feel good

a hot pic of Bono with long hair on the cover

1) Kick ass, inspiring, heart-felt lyrics
2) Edge singing lead (Okay, this doesn't have to be the first single)
3) I don't care, just as long as it's good and soon

:shrug: I don't think I have any preferences, I just hope it will be a good first single = helping album's future.

1. Edge as we haven't heard him
2. Fast rhythm with Adam and Larry playing their hearts out
3. Polical commentary in the lyrics (indirect or direct)

Last edited:
1. hip-hop beats
2. lots of heavy screaming
3. make it drop-C baby, ala system of a down!

I want the single to have:

Atmosphere
A climactic solo like in TGBHF
Lyrics with great imagery (and no crap eg Peace on Earth, Grace, last verse of Kite, New York etc)

shaun vox said:
ya dont forget about BONO.

we need some kick arss vocals.

ES was fine but we need something 100% better than ES!

I have the feeling some people are going to be dissappointed by this album.........:uhoh:

1. One amazing guitar riff from The Edge, one of those guitar riffs that you just have never heard before and leave you with your mouth wide open in admiration!!! Very original stuff like the best rock bands can do and like U2 has done so many times before.

2. Aggressive bass and drums!!! I really want to see Larry smashing those cymbals like a madman, just letting it go on the drums and Adam standing right there in front of him doing his thing in his cool badass mofo position!

3. An explosive and extremely catchy chorus!!! Where Bono screams his lungs out, kinda like Last Night On Earth but angrier and crazier!!!!!

I'm also expecting great lyrics but that's a given (and so is the cool riff but whatever...). :wink: It would be cool also if Edge had a great guitar solo like the ones on Bullet The Blue Sky and The Fly!!! Man that would so amazing!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

- Beautiful lyrics
- A solid all-round performance by all members of the band
- Edge moving to the forefront, compensating for Bono's weakened voice (either through more singing or a higher position placed upon his guitarwork)

- laid back / lounge
- lots of acoustic instruments
- lyrics about the joys of fan forums

JOFO said:

I have the feeling some people are going to be dissappointed by this album.........:uhoh:

Yeah, maybe. Persoanally, I have fantasies of what I would like to see, but I have no real expectations, except that is it's good. We can always dream.

Back
Top Bottom