2nd WITS Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
actually oots is better than let it be.

but the original is always better than the copy. so thats hardly a surprise :shrug:

They;re bound to use this 2nd video. The song is after all promoting U218.

Just look at the cover of that album, pretty obvious why there's no post joshua tree pics!

Awesome video though, more sophisticated than the other.

The first video is going to cause more buzz, because of all the artists involved. The second one is like a Valentine to U2 fans who remember them from the beginning. I don't, so it doesn't resonate with me.

My vote is for the first one.

I actually prefer the first video, by a long shot. I'm surprised to say I found this one a little disappointing. Kind of a neat concept, but ... eh.

I prefer the first video but which one will they use for TV.... I was really looking forward to seeing the first one on Aussie TV when it came out here but now i know i may never see it on TV :(

Quite a boring video really , be better if the pictures turned into clips.

as impressed as i am with this video, i think i like the first one more. although both are very well done and perfectly suitable. i love that neither are performance pieces, and i love the fludity of the second one<3 the second one makes me soooo nostalgic!! =)

I prefer the first video. Not saying I don't like this one (the literal windows in the skies like QB said was a bit much), but overall the first video did more for me. I loved the whole paying homage to their heroes and contemporaries and seeing the band as fans thing more than seeing pictures I've seen a million times over pasted over some shots of joshua trees. I appreciate the thought behind it, but yeah... And where was post '87 stuff?

Not to say I didn't get a bit emotional - when they showed the baby pictures I got a little weepy. But let's just keep that between us. :shh:

Wow, I love it. I love them both. I love the song. Yay.

The emphasis on the early years is strange though, I agree.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
The video seems to mainly focus on the first few years, There's hardly anything post-1982, except for the Live Aid shot, and the field of Joshua Trees (but no actual shots of the band from the JT era), and there were a few things from the 90s, like the Achtung Baby baby face thing, and the U2 in Sarajevo posters, I don't see it as an omission of post-1987 U2, but more like, a focus on pre-1983 U2.

Good call....

I do like this kind of retrospective video idea, like the Beatles' "Free As A Bird....

And it comforts me that it did focus almost entirely upon early to mid 80's U2. To do a retrospective video of the band's entire career should only be done at the climax of the band's career or after the band has called it a day. It would be a let down..

This video is merely a reminsicence of U2's early days (and a blatant means of promoting U2BYU2), and should only been seen as such...

Thats said I would like to have seen U218, U2byU2 (as good a book as it is!), and this 2nd WITS video released at the end of the career. U218 (espeically) and U2byU2 don't at all seem to encapsualte the entire career of U2 and are all deficiient in many ways...

Both videos give me the impression that U2 are ashamed with their looks, well, maybe 3 out of for members are.

I'm suprised they don't just make a video of Larry topless washing a car and pouring the bucket of soapy water all over his chest or something.

btw I am not gay.

jonnytakeawalk said:

Wrong

There were photos from popmart Sarajevo and I saw the Zooropa baby

Didn't see those, but that's ok... So that means they're just ashamed of R&H, AB, and 00's, of course this is using just your logic...

Have you ever seen WITS? Have you ever seen WITS, on weeeeeed!?

Holy crap.

Love it.

Back
Top Bottom