28 pages of U2 in Q Feb 2009 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sooooo freakin exciting, I don't know how I'll be able to contain myself until a tour! The titles sound good and so does the aboved mentioned.

I think I'll be in a state of :drool: for 2009!!!! :hyper:

Thank God for beach clips....and I love boots!!!

One thing I think I can tell is that this won't be Shiny Happy People-ish like the last two albums.

this song will be a very very knockdown. it's so sexy and dark. u2 at his best.:drool::drool::drool:

How do you know this? Did you hear the actual song or just going off of the beach clips?

If it's the latter, you've got some awesome hearing!!!

One thing I think I can tell is that this won't be Shiny Happy People-ish like the last two albums.

it definitely doesn't appear that way. i'm also very excited about the lyrics to "Unknown Caller". it seems that there's just a lot more creativity involved in all aspects of this album. at least that's what we're being told.

How do you know this? Did you hear the actual song or just going off of the beach clips?

If it's the latter, you've got some awesome hearing!!!
i hear it.yeah.i am very very lucky but wait 1-2 week and all of you can listen this masterpiece of the new millenium.:drool::drool::drool:

Don't have to give away source, but at least describe the song in little more detail if you can.

Q mentions a hip hop middle section...how does that work with the song as it's not very clear on the beach clips?

Any details you can give us will definitely be appreciated

You are going to have to reveal your source otherwise we´re not going to believe you:wink:

His teasers are also really vague. You'd think if he was listening to the album he could throw down lyrics or a tracklisting or something.

Don't have to give away source, but at least describe the song in little more detail if you can.

Q mentions a hip hop middle section...how does that work with the song as it's not very clear on the beach clips?

Any details you can give us will definitely be appreciated
not exactly hip hop middle section but work, god if work! bono voice is amazing and the edge...:drool::drool::drool: the effects is like on discotheque riff.

Okay, my BS meter went up...

So we have 11 pages of jubilation over someone with all of 23 posts coming on and saying that they have a subscriber edition of the new issue of Q that nobody else on this forum seems to have? :hmm: Call me a sceptic, but this seems like someone could be having a laugh.

So we have 11 pages of jubilation over someone with all of 23 posts coming on and saying that they have a subscriber edition of the new issue of Q that nobody else on this forum seems to have? :hmm: Call me a sceptic, but this seems like someone could be having a laugh.

He did throw out the "I don't wanna talk about war between nations" lyric which I don't think was out there before, and people *think* they've heard in the beach clip.

i'm normally pretty skeptical, but i believe the thread starter.

I believe this is the same person who gave us the details of the last Q article, the short one with the photo of Edge and Adam in Fez before it was scanned by someone over at u2start? People didn't believe him then either, but I understand the skepticism.

He did throw out the "I don't wanna talk about war between nations" lyric which I don't think was out there before, and people *think* they've heard in the beach clip.

It is in there for sure. I'll get back to you about the exact time I hear it.
It's fairly audible even without doing the whole EQ-trick mentioned before.
EDIT:
At about 01:23 into beach clip #3, (2nd verse I guess): "You say, I don't wanna love you *something**something* you
(01:27)But I don't wanna talk about the war between the nations!" - then Edge's riff comes in again. :drool:

Message to ImOuttaControl..............grow up............my mother-in-law gets me my subscription every Christmas, so go buy your own!! For someone who is 37 and has 2 small kids I've got better things to do..........more posts later.

By the way Cedars is the last song on the album on current knowledge

i'm also very excited about the lyrics to "Unknown Caller". it seems that there's just a lot more creativity involved in all aspects of this album. at least that's what we're being told

the whole text messaging thing makes me feel a little uneasy for several reasons--the main one being that i hate any kind of contemporary references in lyrics. it automatically dates the material and sort of cheapens it, in my opinion. i don't need to know that bono is "hip" and "with the times." it's like when he randomly wrote "when hip hop drove the big cars" into what was otherwise one of my favorite u2 songs ever, "kite."

i am also concerned that we'll get a REALLY cheesy music video for this song if they choose for it to be a single. i will cite this video as an example:

YouTube - Bon Jovi - It's My Life

:lol:

Unknown Caller
About a man "at the end of his rope" whose phone bizarrely begins texting him random insructions.........."Reboot yourself, Password enter here, Youre free to go!"

is beach clip 1. At 1.42 Bono sings "Reboot yourself, you're free to go"

He definitely says 'reboot yourself' but not 'you're free to go' IMO.

not exactly hip hop middle section but work, god if work! bono voice is amazing and the edge...:drool::drool::drool: the effects is like on discotheque riff.

Is this the only song u heard???

PS>1>What is the timing of the song
2>How is Bono's voice...a return to form (AB era ?)

thanx

the whole text messaging thing makes me feel a little uneasy for several reasons--the main one being that i hate any kind of contemporary references in lyrics. it automatically dates the material and sort of cheapens it, in my opinion. i don't need to know that bono is "hip" and "with the times." it's like when he randomly wrote "when hip hop drove the big cars" into what was otherwise one of my favorite u2 songs ever, "kite."

i am also concerned that we'll get a REALLY cheesy music video for this song if they choose for it to be a single. i will cite this video as an example:

YouTube - Bon Jovi - It's My Life

:lol:

an album can still be timeless even if it cites modern technology.

Is this the only song u heard???

PS>1>What is the timing of the song
2>How is Bono's voice...a return to form (AB era ?)

thanx
4.12- 4.15. bono's voice like the fly.:drool::drool::drool: yeah only get your boots on i have listen. believe me or not but that's all.

Cedars of Lebanon
Daniel lanois instigated closer that finds Bono imagining himself as a weary, lovelorn war correspondent "squeezing complicated lives into a simple headline". Ends with the possibly telling line "Choose your enemies carefully cos they will define you"

4.12- 4.15. bono's voice like the fly.:drool::drool::drool: yeah only get your boots on i have listen. believe me or not but that's all.

So the first minute that's missing from the clip must consist of some sort of intro, I presume? Is it the one heard in the Adam Bass video? It has some interesting Eno signature Zoo Station electro-sounds in it.

http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/adambass.swf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom