28 pages of U2 in Q Feb 2009 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just ridiculous if it's true.

Honestly, I hope this is bullshit because every single lyric quoted in that write-up is awful.

We might be fucked.

You mean, you might be fucked.

Personally, I think all the lyrics mentioned in the article sound intriguing.

This is so exciting, I can't wait.:hyper::hyper:

Unknown Caller has intrigued me since I first heard the title, but those lyrics do sound a bit odd, not sure how this one will work, but I'll reserve judgement.

Other than that those snippets sound excellent, I especially like the line from Cedars.

Nice to see two songs over 6 minutes (Moment of Surrender and Winter), the last time we had that those two tracks were masterpieces (Zooropa and Lemon). And those rocking, punk songs will be interesting to listen. Although, I remember a certain article that called "Miracle Drug" a loud rock song so... I'll stay sceptical.

Really worried about some awful lyrics and hip-hop twists...

Oh, and where is "For Your Love"? That was one of my favorite beach clips!

Some spoilers... like i know i'm waiting Moment of Surrender to be the new One. :wink:

Good old days when i listened to AB for the first time... 91... the guitar of Zoo Station, the weirdness of Even Better and Until... then One... so fukin awesome!!!! That intro... and "is it getting better" :drool::drool:

I wish i would be strong enough just to vanish from any U2 news of any kind. Just the abum release. Imagine how awesome it would be to buy the new album not knowing anything. Any song title, any song description. Not even any 30 sec clip.

I wish i would be strong enough just to vanish from any U2 news of any kind. Just the abum release. Imagine how awesome it would be to buy the new album not knowing anything. Any song title, any song description. Not even any 30 sec clip.

That's what I was thinking as I was reading the original post. I just don't think I have the willpower.

"For your love" was a beach clip? :ohmy:

It was a beach clip without the beach. I just call every leaked clip like that. It was recorded in front of the HQ, you can hear it on U2exit.com.

But I presume you already knew that.

I think For Your Love is now Stand Up (which is the "larrystuff" u2.com clip I think)

We have bilt great excitement towards the new album.

My fear is that the greater expectation the greater disappointment...

Also, even though beach clip #2 has the lyric "breathe" in it, the description makes it sound like this song is the one titled "Stand up."

awesome news!!!! really like the sounds of these. I don't even have a favorite, i cant wait to hear all of them

Where can you get this issue in the States? I looked at Subscription prices for the US and it's a bit ridiculous $100+ US. I'd rather spend that money on the tour.

At what time in beach clip number 1 do you hear the lyrics of unknown caller?

i was trying to find the same thing. i personally think clip 1 might be "Moment Of Surrender" because you can hear Bono singing "Surrender", and the song does seem to be epic, like "One".

It was a beach clip without the beach. I just call every leaked clip like that. It was recorded in front of the HQ, you can hear it on U2exit.com.

But I presume you already knew that.

Nope, I'd forgotten that one. I am always thinking about the "beach clips" from summer 2008 that were actually recorded on the beach.

Also, even though beach clip #2 has the lyric "breathe" in it, the description makes it sound like this song is the one titled "Stand up."

Don't think so. Breathe is older than "Stand up" which Bono says was written just a couple of months ago. I think the song with the chorus "Walk out into the streets" is "Breathe", it has been around for some time now and was mentioned by band members quite early in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom