25+ in age? Come Talk to Me.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
So... do you find yourself going backwards in life? Reliving your youth? Becoming that teen again? (ok, let's not get crazy here, but I think you know what I mean...)

Here I am, having just turned 27, and I am acting like the kid I wanted to be back in highschool. Going to rock shows all the time, following my favourite band around the world. I am even putting bloody posters on my walls! Buttons on my bags! My wardrobe has become one big ad to the band and soon... a tattoo will grace my body embelishing my love for U2!
biggrin.gif
(Sicy's the girl!)

So talk to me, tell me your stories. TELL me I am not alone. I want it all! Bootlegs, singles, stickers, flags, emblems, patches, pins, photos, official, and non-official. Give me U2 merchandise!

B R I N G I T O N!!!!!!!!!!!

*Pls note, in no way am I a fanatical lunatic, as this post comes in jest in hopes of simply bringing one, maybe two smiles to the faces of interference...... oh! & to make me NOT feel like a fanatic! lol*

I recently went to 4 shows in 6 days...I didn't even do that in my younger days...following the band from Oakland to Las Vegas meeting the coolest fans from around the world...and yes, my need for everything U2 still going strong...oh, and I'm 38 by the way! Your only as young as you feel, and I'm feeling good!

Chris

Chris! I totally wanted to meet you in Vegas, I can't believe I missed ya! Grrr...

Ok, so how many posters do you have your wall ??!?!?? lol

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Angel, I'm sorry I missed you in Vegas, I was so looking forward to meeting you as well.

I have a silk flag up from the Unforgettable Fire era in my spare bedroom, as well as a poster with all the bands albums on it. That is it for posters, but have tons of magazine, tour books except for the War tour, as well as books, cds, and tons of albums and singles...lots of collectables from 21 years of being a fan.

Chris

Originally posted by Angel:
a tattoo will grace my body embelishing my love for U2!
biggrin.gif
(Sicy's the girl!)

[/i]

Damn, did I miss the tattoo session in Vegas?? Why didn't someone call me?

Oh well, maybe I'll get my belly button pierced in Miami. But no, I'm not acting like a teenager.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Like O2:

Oh well, maybe I'll get my belly button pierced in Miami.

Girlfriend! If you are going to see the boys in Miami then colour me green with envy!!

Oh, and there was no tatoo party in Vegas... Sicy is just so bloody inspiring...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Angel:
Girlfriend! If you are going to see the boys in Miami then colour me green with envy!!

Talk about acting WAY younger than my age, I'll be in Dallas on Sunday and maybe Miami next weekend! But I have sisters in both cities that I'll be visiting and staying with, at least that's the story I'm telling my family.
wink.gif

I do know EXACTLY how you feel Angel...I'm just a couple of months shy of being 27 and I feel like I'm at my most "obsessed" U2-wise in about 10 years....

But I don't think it's me trying to re-live my youth to be honest...I think it's because this recent cd, tour, etc resonates a lot more with me than a lot of their 90's stuff (don't kill me anyone!). They make me feel the way I did when I was 12 all the way through to 18 or so...

It's wonderful to recapture these feelings!

And splendid to follow them around! (I didn't do that when I was younger but only because I couldn't afford it!....er, not that I really can now! lol! )

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

(I didn't do that when I was younger but only because I couldn't afford it!....er, not that I really can now! lol! )

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Though I am terribly broke now....

------------------

I'm 34 now, but ever since I turned 30 or so, I've been a sticki-in-the-mud, whioch is the exact opposite of how I was in my earlty 20s and teens. I don't go to rock concerts anymore, and hardly ever even go to movies, cuz I think Hollywood over-rates themselves.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
I'm 34 now, but ever since I turned 30 or so, I've been a sticki-in-the-mud, whioch is the exact opposite of how I was in my earlty 20s and teens. I don't go to rock concerts anymore, and hardly ever even go to movies, cuz I think Hollywood over-rates themselves.

Yes, but do you check your e-mail?

**waits for a response from 80's**

A week away from 36 and I'm always trying to reach my inner child. It helps me deal with my 3 kids!!! Except now I'm turning all three into U2 fanatics!!! Just like Mom, when she loved the Beatles!!! I was lucky to get to two shows this tour, one before and one after. But I don't think I'll go with the tattoo. My collection is pretty slim, just CDs, tapes and books with a couple of old AB era Propagandas. I may actually have a poster stuck in the back of my closet. I've put together a decent video snippet tape. My husband thinks I'm definitely getting worse!!! But one can dream!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

Girl I hear ya. I feel like I never want to grow up, and yes I have posters on my walls.. lol.

And the tattoo proves it.

Want a babyface sticker?

redwacko.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:

Want a babyface sticker?

YES! YES! YES!!!!
biggrin.gif
I want it allllllll! lol!!

------------------

Originally posted by Eliv8:
Think yourselves lucky. I'm older than Adam

But how many posters Eliv8?!?!?!? lol!!
biggrin.gif
Age... bah!

------------------

Originally posted by Eliv8:
As Tina Turner once said "Age is just a number, its whats inside that counts"

Amen!
smile.gif

7 shows in six months, including a hop across the Atlantic.
biggrin.gif
But most of the time, I'm a mild-mannered mom of 2 driving a minivan to the Parents meeting. (with a U2 boot in the CD changer) But I think what's SO important is to keep a bit of yourself going - so yes, I have always been this way and am blessed with an understanding and supportive husband!

I don't think I'm reliving my youth... I'm just still having fun after all these years.... ehhhhhhhh

(someone hand me my walker)

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

U2 makes me feel alive. It has been a hell of a madness, sometimes some stress, during all these years, but I don?t complain.
Crzy, you?re lucky to have a husband like that.
Angel, my posters are now on my daughter?s bedroom, LOL

------------------
Brasil is the country of the future. And it will always be...

Originally posted by follower:
Crzy, you?re lucky to have a husband like that.

Yes, I know it... I am very blessed and I thank God for him every day!
smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by follower:
U2 makes me feel alive. It has been a hell of a madness, sometimes some stress, during all these years, but I don?t complain.

Amen to that. Ima with you follower. why else would you fly across the atlantic for 72 hours and spend the entire time in GA lines? Or talking with other great fans who you have an affinity with endlessly over the net?

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

I'm 26 and not reliving my youth because my youth hasn't ended. I'll always be singing into a hairbrush ("with or withoooooooout you"), going to rock and roll concerts, dancing around. I'm a kindergarten teacher and just last week my kids told me I was very silly. I told them that that was why I taught kindergarten...I can be my silly self! I never want to let that go...when I'm 60 I hope I still think that music is no good unless it's so loud you can feel the bass in your chest. That doesn't have to be something that's only a part of being a teenager.

Try going to a Chemical Bros. concert at the age of 33 and having the bouncer blurt out, "Dude! What are you doing here with all these kids!??", as he checks my I.D.
(Then he nearly faints when he checks my roommate's I.D. right after me... He was 37!!)

That was 3 years ago. I think it made me self conscious, cause I just don't go clubbin like I used to. Perhaps its a good thing.

I'm 28. The weird thing is that at the Popmart shows I was at there were a lot of people in their late 20's and older. Kind of the aging Joshua Tree crowd, I guess. But at the Elevation shows I attended I did feel a little old. It's great that U2 is attracting new young fans. I'll be jumping up and down with them (during I Will Follow of course)till I die!

Hey Angel, I'm 35 and I have just lately been looking for merchandise on all things U2! Just recently ordered 3 new shirts from U2.com, and even bidded on a U2 snowglobe on a auction! (how sad is that?) lol I also have a massive promotional poster of ATYCLB still ro;;ed up as I don't know where to put it! I have spent too much money on U2 this year,with the tour tickets,hotel,merchandise,travel costs and come tomorrow, the Elevation DVD!
Wish I could meet a girl who is crazy as U2 like you,as every time I have seen U2 live, I always seem to take someone with me who like U2 and maybe not even their fave band, but next time I want to take someone who is rabid about U2 as me! lol!

I will be 40 next week and I have been a fan for 20 years and I am now more U2 obsessed than I have ever been! I think it has to do with a lot of things. I always loved them in the 80's but maybe I took it for granted that they would always be there, and when they turned into something else during Pop I was heartbroken. When I heard ATYCLB and saw them on the My VH-1 awards I was overjoyed!
I feel so attached to soft and cuddly Elevation U2, and now they mean more to me than they ever have! I am more obsessed with them than ever and have been to several shows and I'm not done yet! They mean so much to me, and now I'm not even afraid of being 40 because when I go there, I go there with U2! I would write more but my computer will freeze.

Okay it froze and I rebooted. Now I want to add that I am collecting more stuff now too. Of course I have more money now and my kids are older. I still have some cool old mags and stuff from the 80's and now I want an entire U2 room shrine full of stuff, that is my goal!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 11-25-2001).]

hi y'all, 36 years old, mother of 5 (yes, you read it right) became completely enamored 16 years ago. went on a date to see U2 (UF)--date's choice, not mine. I fell in love that night (not w/date) and have been ever since. i feel like i've grown up with them. my husband of 13 years (not said date) was warned early in the dating process, and has been tolerant ever since--occassional rolling of the eyes, otherwise very supportive. even attends a show or two with me each tour. but i have brainwashed my 6y/o daughter. she's as fanatical as i am. she's attended 3 shows with me this tour and has become a seasoned veteran. peace, lynn

Back
Top Bottom