2008 grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dclawyer

The Fly
Anyone hear if U2 will be at the Grammy's next week? They aren't on the list of performers but it's the 50th anniversary or something like that and they are nominated (whether or not the noms are crap). Thought odds were good they would show but who knows.

best pop performance by band for Window In the Skies and best rock performance by a band for Instant Karma.

I don't think they'll show up. They're not nominated for any of the major awards and they're not performing, and honestly I'd be surprised if they won either of these awards.

They broadcast so few awards these days, I highly doubt either of those categories will be awarded on air anyway.

He could pull a "soy bomb" with someone's performance.

I'd actually pay money to see that.

I think I'd have a new level of respect for Bono if he came flailing across the stage during someone's performance at the Grammys. He should try it during Amy Winehouse's performance. She'd probably think she was hallucinating and freak out.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I think I'd have a new level of respect for Bono if he came flailing across the stage during someone's performance at the Grammys. He should try it during Amy Winehouse's performance. She'd probably think she was hallucinating and freak out.

if he doesnt do it then i will

corianderstem said:
Don't forget to write "soy bomb" across your torso!

In this day and age, that will get you a free holiday to Guantanamo Bay at US taxpayer expense. :up:

What's so bad about that? According to Michael Moore, I'd get top-notch health care there. :up:

I don't have a witty reply for that, so ... uh ... SATAY BOMB!

Winehouse V.S Bono ROUND DOS
...if Amy could get her act together and if Bono even bothers to show up

BrownEyedBoy said:
What´s the story behind the "soy bomb" reference? :huh:

During the 98 (? it was somewhere between 97 and 99 because Bob Dylan was nominated for "Time Out of Mind") Grammys some random dude came onstage during Dylan's performance. He was shirtless and had the words "Soy Bomb" painted across his chest. He started doing this spastic flailing behind Dylan and had to be removed by security. I don't know what ever happened to the guy or if he actually got in any trouble for what he did, but it was weird.

Last edited:
I just realized that the Grammy show is tomorrow. Had a look at the nominees. Other than a few good ones like Neon Bible and Volta, mostly it's crap as expected! :happy:

Anybody know who are the artists performing? I'm hoping there's at least a few good performances.

OrARoundabout said:
Winehouse V.S Bono ROUND DOS
...if Amy could get her act together and if Bono even bothers to show up

Don't count on it. I heard last week (on CNN, I think) Amy's been denied a visa to come to the US for the Grammy's.
Don't know how true that is, just what I heard.

Edited to say: a quick google search and found out she did get a visa on Friday but it's not in time to make the Grammys? I guess she had to comfirm by a certain date or she couldn't perform. Who knows
Too bad, she would have been worth seeing, I think. :wink:

Last edited:
She was initially denied the visa. Then she was going to perform in London and be broadcast via satellite onto the show. Now she has a visa, so I would guess she's performing. :shrug:

I think Kanye is performing - I saw something about him paying tribute to his mom or something.

Amy's performing via satelight. I bet she'll be terrific.

I'm looking forward to seeing Amy, the Foo Fighters, and Kanye perform. I wouldn't mind seeing any of them take home Album of the Year, but if they're fair it will go to "Back To Black"

Back
Top Bottom