2007 U2 Fan Survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can never rank this stuff satisfactorily, you guys need to have ties in the ranking sections. Whatever I say also really only reflects my current feelings, which tend to change from month to month more than year to year.

on the "what's your favorite DVD" section it lacks CHICAGO, MILAN and U2 18 VIDEOS...

not that i'd vote for them, but still...

I did it, though I hate to sometimes have to chose one because generally I don't have the one favourite. :(

i had a hard time deciding on the best cover, but i chose unchained melody, but satellite of love was SOOOO CLOOSE!!! damn it was a hard decision, either one could've gone down...

anyway, for those who have taken the survey, what was the toughest question for you to answer?

Rob33 said:

anyway, for those who have taken the survey, what was the toughest question for you to answer?

The one about "it's U2's last concert, what song should they end with?"

I chose "Streets", just b/c (as far as I know) they've never ended with it before, but I was really torn between "Streets", "Bad" and "40". :crazy:

Niceman said:
I'm not a fan of Walk On, so I just picked the album version....

How could you not like Walk On? I mean, just listen to those lyrics--that's one of the most emotional songs I've ever heard! :sad:

It would be interesting to know how those folks came up with their questions.

thanks for posting this- i took it a year or two ago, interesting to see the results.

please post the results here when they have them, as they didn't collect email addresses to send them out this time. (thanks!)

toughest for me was answering "If ___ left should the other three continue on as U2?"

I answered "no" for two of them and "yes" for two. I felt mildly guilty about that. It's good to know I'd never be the one in the position to make that decision. I think that's something they could only decide themselves.

REM seems to have handled that situation in the best possible way. i imagine U2 would handle it that way as well.

My toughest ones were picking favorite individual songs from albums. I hate to vote for the song that's obviously going to garner the most votes, like Where The Streets Have No Name or Sunday Bloody Sunday, especially when there are other great songs on the album that aren't quite as good but need to be more recognized.

WCF said:
My toughest ones were picking favorite individual songs from albums. I hate to vote for the song that's obviously going to garner the most votes, like Where The Streets Have No Name or Sunday Bloody Sunday, especially when there are other great songs on the album that aren't quite as good but need to be more recognized.

:yes:

Those were definitely tough questions to ask . . . especially since they had "An Cat Dub" and "Into the Heart" as two separate selections! :huh: (So I went with "Electric Co." :wink: )

I think my toughest 2 albums were "War" and "Zooropa", but I think I finally went with Surrender and Zooropa as my favs.

The hardest question for me was "what would you like to do?" - it was hard to pick between watching them make and album and work on the tour, but I went with tour work in the end.

Is it hipocrisy if I said "no" to the "would you want the band to keep going as U2 if _____ quit?" question but said "probably" to the question "if U2 found a replacement for a member, would you buy their new album" question ?

U2girl said:
Is it hipocrisy if I said "no" to the "would you want the band to keep going as U2 if _____ quit?" question but said "probably" to the question "if U2 found a replacement for a member, would you buy their new album" question ?

I hope not, I did the same thing. I wouldn't want any of the band members to quit, but if one of them had I'd still probably buy their new album.

ok those questions about if someone left the band are bizarre...U2 is more cohesive than ever and they understand that...they all constantly remark about how inter related everyone is in the band...for a massive u2 survey to include numerous questions about it seems like they think are actually serious...am i missing something here? I mean, I've never seen anything related to those questions in all the hours and hours of looking and watching U2-related stuff, and now it comes up on a survey like this? Just seems kind of weird...this question seems very very far out there...almost too far out to be taken seriously...just my opinion...
:huh:

FitzChivalry said:
The one about "it's U2's last concert, what song should they end with?"

I chose "Streets", just b/c (as far as I know) they've never ended with it before,

Yep, you're quite correct. It's opened an encore before, and it ended the main set at every Popmart gig, but it's never actually been the final song of any full gig. Though out of its 3 non-tour appearances - liquor store rooftop in 1987, Super Bowl 2002, and Cannes film festival earlier this year - it was the last song at the latter two.

for me was hardest to vote best B-side, with so many great of them, It took me about 10 minutes to decide which to vote and then I picked Walk To The Water

Rob33 said:
ok those questions about if someone left the band are bizarre...U2 is more cohesive than ever and they understand that...they all constantly remark about how inter related everyone is in the band...for a massive u2 survey to include numerous questions about it seems like they think are actually serious...am i missing something here? I mean, I've never seen anything related to those questions in all the hours and hours of looking and watching U2-related stuff, and now it comes up on a survey like this? Just seems kind of weird...this question seems very very far out there...almost too far out to be taken seriously...just my opinion...
:huh:

Wasn't Larry, a few years ago, thinking of leaving the band to pursue a career in acting? Or was that just a rumor? With so much info sometimes it's hard to tell between fact and fiction.

dr. zooeuss said:
surrender????????????

Yeah, Surrender!

I almost chose New Year's Day. And even though it probably is the best song on the album, at this point it's been SO overplayed, it's hard to hear it with fresh ears sometimes.

Sunday Bloody Sunday has never really done it for me, some live versions rock, but otherwise . . . meh.

I thought about 40 and Two Hearts Beat As One, but . . . I don't know . . . there's something about Surrender--reminds me of my childhood. :wink:

I won the fan contest they had at the atu2 party in Portland, OR when you had to correctly guess what the results were of the survey...That was quite fun, and I got drunk as a result of my prize winning skills.

U2girl said:

If it is, then I'm a hypocrite, too, 'cause I said the same thing :). I just used the reasoning that I personally wouldn't want them to continue, but in the end it'd depend on the circumstances and it's still ultimately their decision. And I'd still check out any new work with a new version of U2 just out of sheer curiosity more than anything else.

I had difficulty deciding on the best U2 era and their best moment in their career, because I like all eras and each moment listed played a big part in their career. And it was hard with some live stuff, too, 'cause I haven't heard all of it yet. And that last song one was hard, too, I was trying to decide between "40" and "One". I picked "40", though.

Also, that "favorite band other than U2" pick made me mad. Too. Many. Good. Bands. Listed.

Angela

Well, I guess I wouldn't want them to use the name "U2" if anyone left but I would still want to hear the music.

:yes: i second that coolian .
i enjoyed doing that survey,
also said streets for last song on last performance ever. i think its such an uplifting song to go out on , although i was torn btwn that and Bad .

MsPurrl said:

How could you not like Walk On? I mean, just listen to those lyrics--that's one of the most emotional songs I've ever heard! :sad:

i think walk on blows, most particularly because of the lyrics.

Not every person cares for the lyrics of a song, and if one doesn't like the song the lyrics are not gonna change it for everybody.

I think the "If you could, what gig would you go back for", where you had to pick the one concert you would chose if you could go back in time was torture. :(
How can they ask you for just picking one!?

Back
Top Bottom