2001? How was this past year for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow guys *group-hugs everyone*

Now let's just hope that this New Year bring us more prosperity and of course look cos.. God 2001 was terrible

And for the people who had a great 2001, I am sure that the years ahead will be better and better for you all!!!
smile.gif

But well still wanna hear how 2001 was for the rest of you!!
smile.gif

Peace on Earth (and a little bit of luck on it too
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
Laura
Mrs.rougerum
Still the better half and missing the other part :(

good:
started studying
saw U2
been to Rome

bad:
no girlfriend anymore
can't see my friends very often
a friend of mine has been very ill (but is better now)

after all: Not a good year.

------------------
I let the melody shine
Let it cleanse my mind
I feel free now

I feel almost guilty for having a good year now.

Went to Thailand b4 starting the job of my dreams in Feb, finished paying off my car loan, saw U2 8 times (spending the most amazing week in US to see 4 of those shows), discovered interference
biggrin.gif
, and ended up getting a beautiful diamond ring from my long suffering boyfriend.

Sorry
frown.gif

------------------
Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

Let's see, uhm found out my favorite math teacher has cancer and will die, war, found out I inherited a bad knee and needed to either have surgery and rehab for 3 years or quit soccer altogether (I'm Brazilian so you do the math), school sucks, and I'm all alone in a campus full of snobs with no relatives for hundreds and hundreds of miles in one of the biggest metropolis in the U.S. w/o a car and all my old friends stayed in the East coast (i.e. prison).

On a more positive note I got to see U2 live for the first time ever on opening night and then went 6 more meeting some of the most incredible people along the way. I got to go to Italy and Greece last March then went back to Brasil in June to visit my family (granps, etc) for the first time in 3 years, and I don't know why I came back from either trip, but I digress. I graduated high school (yippee!!!) and everyone in my family is still healthy and taken care of.

Let's just say I had worst and I'm grateful to be here for another one.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 01-11-2002).]

sorry to those who had a rough 2001. as for me, i can safely say it was the best year of my 25 years. I started the year traveling europe for two months, got engaged in italy, saw u2 8 times, became spiritually on fire for Christ, got a new job in october, bought a house in november (my first), got married in december. overall the best year of my life.

later days,

jp

Wow! I'm shocked and saddened by what a terrible time so many of you had!
frown.gif

It makes my problems seem so minor, I'm not even going to bother mentioning them!

The highlights for me were:

1) Seeing U2 6 times, 5 inside the heart 1, just outside it. (and having Edge look at my sign and grin at me!)

2) Discovering this place and meeting what have now become some of the best friends I will ever have in my life!

3) In addition to #2, got to indulge my creative writing urges for an appreicative audience.

4) Bought my first house

5) Won the first ever award for outstanding new fundraiser of 2001 from the Association of Fundraising Professionals - was even on the news!

6) Got a new job that paid more

So all in all, quite a good year for me, I hope 2002 isn't a major let down!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-11-2002).]

I use a part of "New York" in my signature for a reason. I got divorced in May of 2001. Those of you who have been through a divorce know exactly what kind of emotions you go through when that happens. 2002 can only get better for me...I hope.

------------------

I hit an iceberg in my life
You know I'm still afloat
You lose your balance, lose your wife
In the queue for the lifeboat

--New York

2001 sucked ass more than any other year I can remember. Here are a few of the low-lights:

1) Broke up w/ girlfriend of 5+ years that I was gonna marry
2) Saw stock portfolio sink deeper and deeper into the abyss, finishing the year at -50%
3) Lost my job in the aftermath of Sept. 11
4) Living in NYC before/during/after the tragedy
5) Having 2 different surgeries, even though I'd been healthy all my life up to that point (see, I couldn't even say "well, at least I had my health!")
6) Inability to find a new girl that I liked
7) Some other stuff that I've selectively forgotten

I think the only thing that kept me sane was U2; both their music and their live shows. They put a smile on my face when nothing else could.

Anyway, all that crap is in the past, and it's time to look ahead. 2002 is gonna be a great year... if for no other reason than the fact that it can't be any worse than 2001!

2001 is definitely all that I CAN leave behind, no pun intended.

------------------
Midnight is where the day begins....

[This message has been edited by btdavis (edited 01-11-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom