2 thumbs down to music world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I couldnt believe my eyes! today on my way to school I went to music world just cos i was curious to see if they got the box set (i wasnt ganna buy it cos i preordered mine) Anyways i went there and I was expecting a big stand with hundreds of coppies of the regular cd or he one with the DVD and guess what........ I went to the new release section and there was absolutly NOTHING!!! no U2 not even one! And i went at around 10:30 which is half an hour after they opened so i cant imagine they are sold out. I went to the pop/rock section and they had other u2 albums but not one HTDAAB album. Nor was there any posters like most music stores have anouncing the release of U2's new album!!!! Wassup with that? first time ive ever seen that.

Then i went to zellers.. and they had lots of the regular coppies and thats it and then went to future shop in the same mall they also had lots of the regular coppies but again no box set to be found anywhere.

Didnt look too pleasing on the part of music world not to see ONE copy of their new album on their shelves!

Where was this???

BOX sets are limited. I read somewhere that the initial delivery of the boxed sets was a few hundred thousand.

LATER, Paul.

the collectors edition isn't going to be available here in canada until at least thursday, possibly even next tuesday. distribution snafu.

:down:

i hear you... i went to get the colectors set too and hmv beleive it or not didnt know what i was talking about... they said we must not be geting that... its not in our computers to order...wich means your mistaken.... so i went to another store that had the delux editions in and got it.... now i go and look on the hmv web site.. guess whats listed... the colectors set! shit.
but its release date for them is the 25th whats the fuck is going on?... another listed cd coming in on the 29 and 30th they have all the cd names all fucked up on the websites all over the net... amazon has the cd out today the 23rd ... but your right about there being no u2 display.... what the fuck agin...
i was going to go get a magazine that they sell in hmv all of witch had u2 on the cover this month.. to show them that there was a colecters edition box set that was suposed to be here today! fuck! i had the same problem getting the vertigo dvd single... oh we dont have that listed they say...
youd think that someone who works in a music store would be on the up with new stuff and release dates.. ive had stupid fucking clerks that dont even know who u2 were ... that was when the slane dvd came out... im pissed off! excuse my bantering.

dandy said:
the collectors edition isn't going to be available here in canada until at least thursday, possibly even next tuesday. distribution snafu.

:down:

HMV and Future shop have told me Thursday. :grumpy:

Souly said:

HMV and Future shop have told me Thursday. :grumpy:

two more days, i think i can make it. :crazy:

here's hoping that applies beyond the wonderful metropolis of TO. when i asked at the music stores here (including future shop), they had no idea there even was a collectors edition coming out.

:scratch:

:drool:

yes no one knows and the lady from last week didnt even know U2 had a cd comming out and she works at the music department! Shame on them don't their bosses have a memo that even explains which releases are do for a given week? don't they watch tv or listen to radio? surely U2 is everywhere these days! The fact that that lady did not even know a U2 cd was comming out not alone the Box set and she works in a music department is beyond me!

Ah well

I am thinking of keeping my collectors as is without openning it and buying the dvd/cd version for use. Who knows maybe many years from now an unopened U2 boxset may be worth something. Plus ive already gave in and seen the scans of the book so its not like i would be missing anything.

dandy said:

two more days, i think i can make it. :crazy:

here's hoping that applies beyond the wonderful metropolis of TO. when i asked at the music stores here (including future shop), they had no idea there even was a collectors edition coming out.

:scratch:

:drool:

I got my friend to buy the CD/DVD combo, and I borrowed the DVD from her.

I'm really just waiting for the book now. :up:

Future Shop's got it at 39.99, and HMV at 41.99 :hmm:

I walked in Boarders when they opened at around 1000 - picked up my collectors ed which I preordered - they said they had about 10 in store copies and around 20 pre-orders like mine
It was still early and they had the album playing throughout the store - quite cool but some older ladies were talking too loudly for me to really hear All Because of You - irrational urge to tell them to shhh! so I could listen to the rock song:)

Souly said:

Future Shop's got it at 39.99, and HMV at 41.99 :hmm:

this is the info i've been searching for. thanks, Souly! wonder if mal-wart will have it any cheaper. it's $41.99 on amazon, so it's looking like i'll be hitting up future shop thursday...

:up:

Back
Top Bottom