2 Simple Obsvervations on Vertigo Chicago DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
but even to me seeing adam and edge shaking hands like that in a sort of "well done" kind of way, was something i have NEVER seen before,

why is it some people try and make you out to be bad because you dont have the same opinion as them

I haven't seen the handshake before either. That was very cool.:yes:

I don't think you're bad because you have different opinions. Sometimes I disagree with you, but I often find myself agreeing, as in this case. Either way, it's perfectly fine for you to say what you think. So don't worry too much about it.:hug:

Shaliz said:

I haven't seen the handshake before either. That was very cool.:yes:

I don't think you're bad because you have different opinions. Sometimes I disagree with you, but I often find myself agreeing, as in this case. Either way, it's perfectly fine for you to say what you think. So don't worry too much about it.:hug:
but thats the thing, i always feel so bad because i am enjoying the band and what they are doing right now,

I thought Slane had the most special moments. Edge almost crying during Kite, Adam screwing up in Angel of Harlem, the beachball... some other stuff I can't remember. Plus the overall feel of the show was so much more layed back. I get so tired of seeing Bono try to act like he's so cool all the time. The parts in Chicago when he tried to act cool during COBL, acted like a cat and took the boy onstage had me gagging.

shart1780 said:
I thought Slane had the most special moments. Edge almost crying during Kite, Adam screwing up in Angel of Harlem, the beachball... some other stuff I can't remember. Plus the overall feel of the show was so much more layed back. I get so tired of seeing Bono try to act like he's so cool all the time. The parts in Chicago when he tried to act cool during COBL, acted like a cat and took the boy onstage had me gagging.
but yet you did find him "cool" when he was doing these things during ZooTv and Popmart?

doing leg kicks in front of a giant staticy screen is cool, plastering yourself against a video screen of flashing colors is cool, walking in with a boxing entourage and doing some air punches is cool

pretending to pull lice out of your hair and eating it like a cat is weird

Chizip said:
doing leg kicks in front of a giant staticy screen is cool, plastering yourself against a video screen of flashing colors is cool, walking in with a boxing entourage and doing some air punches is cool

:up:

bono was never cool.
e-v-e-r.
and that's cool.

Chizip said:

ah granted, and whats your view of him doing the "monkey" walk during popmart? cool i guess?

God Part III said:

Next to the "Hey Edge... beach ball..." it's the funniest U2 moment on any DVD yet.

That is the best part of the DVD! I love Larry's facial expressions!:lmao:

GibsonGirl said:

Um...are you completely forgetting about Slane? Rattle & Hum?

It's kinda weird for me because even though the Chicago concert is bloody fantastic, with a better setlist than Slane, I actually prefer Slane. To me Slane seemes kind of warmer, like the band seemed to connect more with the crowd. That's obvious because it's their home country but that's what I felt. I agree with shart1780 - Slane was more laid back, more relaxed. They seemed more comfortable, in a way.

Chizip said:

The whole posing thing is getting weirder. I detest the Chicago DVD. It is the most difficult one to watch and not just because of the bizarre camera angles.

Yah. That thing. Strange -- cats do NOT eat lice. Ever.
Have I mentioned hat Bono can't dance to save his life?
Yah.

KUEFC09U2 said:
but yet you did find him "cool" when he was doing these things during ZooTv and Popmart?

Unfortunately I haven't seen either of those.

And that's true when I think about it... cats don't eat lice. They can't possibly reach their head with their paws to pull lice out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom