2 questions about Zoo tv that i don't think have been answered here yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
1) about the writings on the screens during the tour (like "Everything you know is wrong") - were they inspired by literature?

I read Douglas Adams' book "Mostly Harmless" and there was a sentence that could have been "Everything you know is wrong" in original. (i read the Slovene translation)
So - was that taken from that book or not?

Another sentence looks like "you look smaller in real life" originally. Was that used by Bono later? (it looks very similar to one of his quotes)

2) What happened to U2's tv station, Zoo tv? I remember it broadcasted the Sydney show, what about afterwards (Popmart, Elevation)? Do they still use it?

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-03-2002).]

Originally posted by U2girl:

2) What happened to U2's tv station, Zoo tv? I remember it broadcasted the Sydney show, what about afterwards? Do they still use it?

Here in Eltingville, NY we get Zoo TV on channel 39. Its great. Bono and the boys have their own sitcom on it. Bono plays a washed up Red Sox pitcher who owns a bar in Boston, MA. Edge plays a drunk accountant, Adam plays an alchoholic Postal worker and Larry plays a simple, dumb bartender.

Cheers,

CK

oh me! wrong thread, haha...

------------------
See, people they don't understand
No, girlfriends, they can't understand
Your Grandsons, they won't understand
On top of this, I ain't ever gonna understand...
AIM:fengche

[This message has been edited by PrincessBadgirl (edited 02-03-2002).]

LoL
I'm glad you didn't say Bono was a washed up shoe salesman
biggrin.gif

Paul McGuinness is a barfly Larry always has to run off!

Originally posted by z edge:
LoL
I'm glad you didn't say Bono was a washed up shoe salesman
biggrin.gif

Paul McGuinness is a barfly Larry always has to run off!

Al Bundy?

CK

Yes
Bono runs off from Ali to go to nudie bar with his bowling buddy "Bill", a washed up Arkansas car salesman
wink.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
Yes
Bono runs off from Ali to go to nudie bar with his bowling buddy "Bill", a washed up Arkansas car salesman
wink.gif

So, does that answer your question, U2Girl?

CK

Originally posted by TheU2:
Here in Eltingville, NY we get Zoo TV on channel 39. Its great. Bono and the boys have their own sitcom on it. Bono plays a washed up Red Sox pitcher who owns a bar in Boston, MA. Edge plays a drunk accountant, Adam plays an alchoholic Postal worker and Larry plays a simple, dumb bartender.

Cheers,

CK

lmao
do you mean edge is norm, 'cause norm was a painter was he not?

------------------
The man from Whirlpool came to fix the washer today, and he found Black Widow spiders nesting underneath its broken engine, and he showed me the web, and I found myself thinking of catching you, biting you, spinning you within my limbs and setting you free.
Don't tell me this isn't true.
Tell me you feel this fire

Originally posted by U2girl:
1) about the writings on the screens during the tour (like "Everything you know is wrong") - were they inspired by literature?

i have no clue.

2) What happened to U2's tv station, Zoo tv? I remember it broadcasted the Sydney show, what about afterwards (Popmart, Elevation)? Do they still use it?

i don't think it was ever a full fledged tv station. there were a few zoo tv episodes of somethin(i don't know what 'cause i never saw it) on MTV.

------------------
The man from Whirlpool came to fix the washer today, and he found Black Widow spiders nesting underneath its broken engine, and he showed me the web, and I found myself thinking of catching you, biting you, spinning you within my limbs and setting you free.

Normisms

"Can I draw you a beer, Norm?"
"No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one."

"How's a beer sound, Norm?"
"I dunno. I usually finish them before they get a word in."

"What's shaking, Norm?"
"All four cheeks & a couple of chins."

"What would you say to a nice beer, Normie?"
"Going Down?"

"What's new, Normie?"
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're
demanding beer."

"What'll it be, Normie?"
"Just the usual, Coach. I'll have a froth of beer and a snorkel. "

"What would you say to a beer, Normie?"
"Daddy wuvs you."

"What'd you like, Normie?"
"A reason to live. Give me another beer."

I thought he was an accountant?

CK

i thought he was a painter.

perhaps he was a painting accountant.

------------------

I thought he was an accountant?

CK

according to my girlfriend and three housemates, he was an accountant who @ some point during the series took up house painting as a hobby and then it some other point made it his career i believe
smile.gif

------------------
i am ready to communicate with you

Back
Top Bottom