2 minutes of bliss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
These 2 tracks from the Elevation tour provide me with endless enjoyment. And it's all in the last minute of AIWIY and the 1st minute of Streets. It's a "happy little accident" that they happen to run into one another.

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1CBA68B16BA1E38B&rcpt=brau1@yahoo.com

AIWIY (Toronto 5/25/01)- Usual band performance, BUT, for the Elevation tour, they followed the great guitar solo with a version of the song that's just WIDE OPEN. At the 3:38 mark the tune just unloads. And it's glorious.

and it leads right into Streets.

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=666BCA5F03564E2F&rcpt=brau1@yahoo.com

Streets (5/25/01)- This version is a rather unremarkable performance, when you ignore the first minute. As for that first minute, what can I say? Bono is Bono. He puts the intro on the Slane DVD to shame. Actually, he destroys the Slane DVD rendition. High, low, melody, emotion. There's really nothing I can say that the recording won't say for me. Some say his voice is shot. They're shitheads who haven't heard this.

Now, don't go all 21st century on me and skip forward to the best bits. Listen to them back to back in their entirety. Pretend it's a cassette tape. They're AAC files BTW.

toodles. (i hate toodles)

Last edited:
Mr Brau, is there any way you could could e-mail me or post this whole show. I have it, but the version I have has the click track much louder. This is indeed an awesome performance...

Thanks

njf377@gmail.com

Nate Dogg said:
Mr Brau, is there any way you could could e-mail me or post this whole show. I have it, but the version I have has the click track much louder. This is indeed an awesome performance...

Thanks

njf377@gmail.com

I'll up load this weekend. The version I have is a matrix combining a great audience recording and that ear piece recording you have.

Back
Top Bottom