2 late singers who could have done an amazing job with "One Step Closer"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Can you imagine Johnny Cash or Jeff Buckley singing "One Step Closer." Especially Johnny, I think these words would have touched him in a very real way. :sad:

Dalton said:
Yeah both would do a great job, but seriously if I have to listen to one more person say that this song shouldn't be on the album .....

well I am going to type really angry things on my keyboard.

Damn straight. It's almost as dumb as the VS. threads.

Yes, indeed. I think just sonically it is necessary in it's place. Even the "soft" songs on the album are cluttered with sound and bombastically layered. But let's not let this turn into one of those discussions. :)

Yeah, but either of them sang the opening line with a toffee in their mouth as Bono obviously is.

Jeff Buckley and Johnny Cash could have made a great duo - I can hear Johnny singing throughout and Jeff joining in for the upper register in the chorus.

Re: 2 late singers who could have done an amazing job with "One Step Closer"

UnforgettableLemon said:
Can you imagine Johnny Cash or Jeff Buckley singing "One Step Closer." Especially Johnny, I think these words would have touched him in a very real way. :sad:

Good Call!

Something wrong when ppl start to find new singers for a song just released...

I don't see ppl wondering how good Miracle Drug would be with "that singer" or COBL with that "other singer" or SYCMIOYO would rule if sung by "that artist"...

OSC sucks big time, should have been kept out of the new record and Mercy or AYGWF should have been in its place.

Millions of flies can't be wrong...

Last edited:
I'd love to hear it by Ray Charles or Bob Dylan..or even Willie Nelson too, but this version is great too...

U2_Guy said:
Something wrong when ppl start to find new singers for a song just released...

I don't see ppl wondering how good Miracle Drug would be with "that singer" or COBL with that "other singer" or SYCMIOYO would rule if sung by "that artist"...

OSC sucks big time, should have been kept out of the new record and Mercy or AYGWF should have been in its place.

Millions of flies can't be wrong...

Don't get me wrong, I think this is one of the best songs on the album, personally. I was just thinking that, lyricially, it reminded me of a Johnny Cash tune. That's all. Please don't read too much into anything I say.

Back
Top Bottom