19 Years Ago Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I cannot believe no one posted this! 19 years ago today was the Classic Red Rocks show near Denver CO.. An Amazing show! I have to get the rest of it of course, 6 songs edited out of the VHS release. I'll probably have to wait until this weekend to watch it though because I have been busy. Wish I had some Guinness and some more time tonight! Cheers!

YES!! Red Rocks rocks! What a great show, and a big boost for their career. Many people first heard of them because of Red Rocks being on TV so much.

I know this isn't PLEBA but they sure were cute too. Bono's pants *sigh*

Remarkable!

I recently bought another VHS tape of the Red Rocks concert, I commited the mistake of lending mine to a casual fan. I don?t even know if the guy enjoyed it but I never got it back. He simply disappeared.

That performance is made of raw and pure energy, some youthful innocence, a natural talent yet to be polished and faith, lots of faith. It?s remarkable. I can only imagine how it was for those people who were there...

I've been there! The acoustics are amazing...and I brought this with me when I left ...it's kinda outta focus...stupid webcam! lol

Attachments

• redrock.jpg
    redrock.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 94
Outstanding show, Red Rocks is what started my U2 fandom back in 83.

Full concert:

Out Of Control, Twilight, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Surrender, Two Hearts Beat As One, Seconds, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Electric Co., I Fall Down, October, New Year's Day, I Threw A Brick..., A Day Without Me, Gloria
Encore(s): Party Girl, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, 40

My hope is that if it ever gets put on DVD they will release the full show or at least a few more songs played that night. Probebly wont happen though. There is a bootleg video tape of the whole show floating around that is pro shot and is the entire show. Unfortunately I have never aquired it.

At least we have the whole show on CD and it is a soundboard! :)

RickFly, I do have it. Unfortunately I dont have the time currently to do any type of B and P. It is pretty common though I'am sure someone else out there can help you out.

Good Luck!

doctorwho said:

Sorry to be so off topic... but what is that word there Blue Room? "Edufisate"??? Are you sure it's not "edify" - which means to "spiritually enlightent"? Or maybe Bono just made up a word. :D

I think he just made it up. Spur of the moment.

Back
Top Bottom