17 year anniversary - Fuck The Revolution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'mstillrunning said:
the brits [hopefully] learned that for every member of the IRA they killed, they were enlisting countless more, and you end up fighting a war with no end

which frightenly sounds very similiar to what is happening in iraq right now

killing doesnt prove who's right, it just proves who's left

The nationalist and loyalists equally killed a lot of people. They were both playing their parts in this war with no end.

wolfeden, my sister went to a school that was mostly protestant, there were 2 other catholics in her class, one girl had 26 + 6 = 1 on her bag or something and was beaten up. I don't see why people would ever parade around with something like that. It's like wearing a gaelic/ rangers shirt in the middle of Belfast. It's just asking for trouble imo. :slant:

Im not from Belfast mainly my family comes from both sides of the pond. London England and around Donegal ireland. I had a chance to visit Belfast in 2002 and even then you still had the armored vehicles etc as a precaution. They apparently stopped at a bus cause a package was left on there. Even with the major fighting over with you still get a occasional news of a killing or hate crime.

Even with disagreements over a issue or even if you dont like someone. Violence is never the anwser.

the brits [hopefully] learned that for every member of the IRA they killed, they were enlisting countless more, and you end up fighting a war with no end

Iraq,Vietnam,Africa etc you had and have the same problem but yet noone learns. Although It's hard to tell who a enemy is when a peoples army/resistance who says there fighting for there countries people kills there own people just so they can kill 1 or 2 soldiers. What you have then is a war against not the enemy but against yourself.

Sorry Im rambling on.......

The politics is bull shit here, they cant advance, treading over old issues every day but then again the violence shouldn't start , it's a shit thing aint it.

Lots of the shootings here are done between members of the same paramilitary group or they are usually drug related. It's not like it used to be.

At the end of the day, I'd really like to see peace here but it's never going to happen because in certain areas narrowminded people are teaching their children to be hateful towards catholics/ protestants and now they even target people of other races as if biggotry wasn't bad enough. I'd love to finish my degree and hoof it off to Spain and live there permanantly. I hate living in a place where ppl are trying to get your name/ school name to find out your religion. I know a girl in my class at uni who thinks im a protestant because of my name. She told me last week about how her family hates catholics and she wouldn't know what would happen if she ever brought a catholic home, but "why would she do that". Her family are all in the orange order and maybe other groups. It sounded really dodgy and I got really frightened.

Narrow minded people are the most dangerous sadly :( It still surprised me to hear that theyd stop buses because of a possable bomb which turns out to be a cake but better safe thant sorry :/

Is it true that they have fences separating catholic and protestant neighborhoods ?

I'm at bifhe doing gnvq art, luckily enough noone in my class has any issues with secteranism, and is well pretty laidback but in belfast you do have to be careful saying things just incase..........anyone takes it in a bad way.

Is it true that they have fences separating catholic and protestant neighborhoods ? [/B]

The peaceline up at ardoyne your on about and yea some smaller ones there and about if im thinking right

Yes. I live beside a road here that has btoh religions on it. In one street the peoples back gardens back onto prottestant back gardens and they have an ugly fence between them. During marching season (where nobody goes out) there are riots there and quite a few people have been shot there. There are walls/ fences in many places like that.

I went to Dublin to meet friends from Spain at the end of September. The train was cancelled because of 4 bomb scares so I had to get a bus to Newry, wait for the bus from Dublin, thenget on that bus and go to Dublin. It took over 4 hours. It was a hoax, it always is.

My sister is at BIFHE doing 4 a-levels. :crack:
3 was too much for me. :lol:
She wants to do medicine though and got like 6A*'s and 4A's in her GCSE's. I was never that smart. :uhoh:

At Queen's you meet an awful lot of people who are very defensive about their religion. I was really surprised. My Mum did politics and said you can go to meetings and watch them debate and that they are very biggoted folk at them. I think she went to uni with some of our political folk now.

lol, i thought the people going to uni where meant to be more open minded, i ballsed up my GCSE's, although thankfully i just going to carry along the art route, for lazy bastards with talent:wink:

"ballsed up" :lol: that's very norn iron liek.

Folk with talent :up:
My Dad is really good at painting. Some artist man bought art work off him for a god lot of money. I like looking at and studying art but I can't paint at all. My Dad's one of those people who is good at everything. :crack:

oih i kno what ya mean like, lol, nah i'm alrite at painting drawing on the other hand , im pretty class at that.

my da can paint and draw. i did a copy of a toulouse lautrec picture once and got 10/ 10 in it in 3rd year. i still have it. i thought i was brilliant. i always used to do my art homework on the bus on a monday morning and get like 5/10 :ohmy: :lol:

lol, never liked the feeling of people staring at ya while doing homework on buses

i didn't care. :lol: I did my homework on the way to school or in the class before the class that the homework was due for. How I even did well in school is beyond me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom