14 Albums??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok the albums I know of are.

Boy
War
Joshua Tree
Pop
Zoopra
ATYCLB
HTDAAB
Rattle & Hum
Achtung Baby

Which others am I missing??
I am collecting there CD albums.

If we are only talking studio albums (no Best Of's, etc...), you missed out The Unforgettable Fire and October (possibly Passengers if you count that as a U2 album)

little known fact, thats why Bono says catorce instead of 4, because there are 14 albums

Boy
October
War
Under a Blood Red Sky
Unforgettable Fire
Wide Awake In America
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Passengers
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

For a grand total of 14

** If you're going to go super-fan, you could include the following iTunes albums in the list now...

Melon
Hasta La Vista Baby!
Unreleased and Rare
Live from Boston
Live from LoveTown

As well as the Best Of albums, for a grand total of 21 albums.

If you're going to count the two Propaganda releases (Melon and Hasta La Vista...), you should count U2.Communication too.

wrapped up like a douche another roller in the night. :whistle:

I've read about that vertigo theory at least catorce times now! :sigh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Originally posted by Chizip
little known fact, thats why Bono says catorce instead of 4, because there are 14 albums

i'd call you a douche, but that would be calling myself a douche, seeing as you are me... so that would just be silly.

It's actually 1,2,3,4 spoken in gaelic. If you watch the Vertigo DVD he actually states" I'm goin to teach ya a little gaelic! a haon!,a do!,a tri!, a ceathair! right before he pumps out "Vertigo"
In spanish it would be "about,two,three,fourteen" (that would make no sense!):wink:

Last edited:
Well, let's see...

Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry all perform on it = U2

Brian Eno is on it = U2

Guest performers, true, but guests on other albums too = U2

U2 performs "Miss Sarajevo" in concert and put the song on a U2 "Best Of" album = U2

In 1996, Edge was asked when U2 was going to release their next album and Edge replied, "We just gave you an album!" = U2

Sorry, it's a U2 album. :yes:

The name U2 appears nowhere on the CD over or in the booklet. None of the music is creditted to the band U2.

= not U2 record

:hmm:

Does it say U2 as the artist?
NO!

It might be a side project that's very close to U2, but it's not U2.
:p

Chizip said:
The name U2 appears nowhere on the CD over or in the booklet. None of the music is creditted to the band U2.

= not U2 record

Even larry doesnt think its a U2 record

Chizip said:

= not U2 record

:drool: :applaud:

You knew that already, Lancemc :wink:

So June 2005 is ages ago? :wink:

Well, I agree it's debatable, and in the end I guess it all depends on how people define a 'U2 album' anyway.

One of the reasons why I find it hard to regard it as a 'U2 album' is that Brian Eno seems to be in full control on the vast majority of the tracks, I cannot really imagine that U2 had much to do with songs such as "Theme From The Swan" :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom