1234?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2er

Refugee
In IWF, who starts the song off with the 1234? I think it's Larry but now I'm having second thoughts. I've listened to the song a million times and still haven't figured it out.. that's me for ya :rolleyes:

I thought also all the time that it would Larry.......anybody with better help than me?

Is it really that big a deal?

prolly larry. i think that's what drummers do best.

Larry, you know like in R&H when he said to listen to him because Edge played to his own time! ;)

that's pretty in depth listening there...u2 probably don't even remember who it was...i...need....to go...now.

coolio is the pre-eminent voice of black culture in our time

getchyour woman on the floor

Listened to it last night, with my ear right up to the speaker (don't worry! It wasn't excessively loud or anything) and I agree with what most have said here. Has to be Larry.

this in a mean tone from my sarcastic husband:

"larry? edge? on i will follow? i doubt it. do they sing in any other part of the song? do they even have any reason to have a microphone?"

he's grumpy sometimes in the morning!

haha!

i just nod and agree with whatever he says until he's eaten or had sex.

After having that question of who says this 1-2-3-4 still in my head, I have to remind that: In Gloria they also count in and who is it in this song??? Bono. That doesn't has to mean anything, but I'd think that it is everytime the same person who counts in - at least in these early days of U2......just a thought.......

Okay, that's been all I wanted to say.

FallingStar said:
After having that question of who says this 1-2-3-4 still in my head, I have to remind that: In Gloria they also count in and who is it in this song??? Bono. That doesn't has to mean anything, but I'd think that it is everytime the same person who counts in - at least in these early days of U2......just a thought.......

Okay, that's been all I wanted to say.

Hmmm...But then, at the beginning of UF you can hear Larry count off wrong and then say, "shit!" so who knows?

Back
Top Bottom