11 0'Clock Tick Tock Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericb

The Fly
Is there an original studio recording of this song out there or are there only live recordings of it? Also, is anyone else surprised that this was left off of the Boy album? Anyone know why? It was peformed every show on the Boy tour. I think it is a lot better than some of the other stuff on that album.

There is a single recorded in the studio by Martin Hannett. It is rather subdued compared to when played live.

I've downloaded the original single version which I presume is studio. As for why it didn't get on Boy - could ask the same thing about Another Day!

11 O'Clock Tick Tock was U2's 1st British single and their 3rd single (after Out of Control and Another Day) overall. The single is available (with the song Touch as the B-side) in a royal blue cover, and as noted above it is quite weak - very muted. Which is surprising since they had been playing the song for a while before recording it (it was previously called Silver Lining - live versions of this song are available from their early 1980 Irish tour).

Back
Top Bottom